Gray's future

Anonymous: hiiiiiii im so glad ure coming back soon! i missed u loads! i have an idea for a story. here's the premise: so um like gruvia's kid suddenly came in the past. the guild started an uproar. gray checked what was up. and he saw the kid. and people kept saying oh he looked like juvia and a bit like gray but the kid lied and said gray's not his father (bc uncle natsu said to) "mom married someone else" gray began doubting and stuff and just angst

Rows of luminous orbs scattered through the guild hall, igniting the rainbow coloured members who chattered excitedly amongst themselves. Everyone was huddled around a table, inquisitive yet perplexed at the peculiar sight.

"Is this Gray and Juvia's child?"

"I mean... he's got features from both Gray and Juvia, right?"

Lucy peered past the towering shoulders of the crowd, urgently pushing past to get a better look. "Excuse me!"

After being squeezed through a series of arms, Lucy finally set her eyes upon the rumoured child.

Bending over at the hip was Natsu, chuckling and making small talk with the doe-eyed boy.

His navy hair swirled at his neck and tickled his ears. As he gazed up at Natsu, a set of tiny eyelashes fluttered in amusement.

"Natsu!" Lucy rushed to the salmon-haired man and frowned. "Tell me what's going on."

Natsu straightened up and wrapped an arm around the boy. "This is Juvia's son!" he exclaimed. His eyes lit up with delight as the crowd mumbled amongst themselves. "Apparently, Levy found a spell to bring someone from the future and so here he is!"

Lucy raised an eyebrow but scanned the young boy again. He had the same matching outfit as Juvia; soft, white cotton encircled his neck, followed by a half tucked-in blue robe. However, at his feet were a pair of combat boots that resembled Gray's.

The most captivating part was his eyes – they were narrowed downwards yet held an innocent gleam that she could see in Juvia when her beloved 'Gray-sama' came to view. There was no doubt that he was Gray and Juvia's child.

Lucy leaned over and gave the boy a little pat on the head. "What's your name?"

He glanced up and down at Lucy before giving her a pout. Juvia's signature pout; Lucy noted. "I don't have one yet."

Lucy tilted her head in confusion. "Have you not...met your dad yet?"

His eyes lit up at the mention of his parents. "M-my Daddy? Do you know where he is?"

Lucy snuck a look at Natsu, who didn't seem to get the hint as he munched away at a chicken breast. She sighed in annoyance but quickly flashed an awkward smile back at the boy.

"Sure, I do. Your last name is Fullbuster and your father is Gray," she explained. She hastily glanced back into the crowd, searching for the ice and water mage. "He must be here somewhere..."

"Daddy is also here?" Tiny beams in his eyes radiated with excitement. "I want to see him!"

Just as the boy started to tug at Lucy's arm, the doors clattered open and Gray stepped in. His hair was scuffled as he swept a hand through his black strands. A thumb was tucked in a belt that held his baggy pants at the hip and on his feet were a pair of combat boots. His usual frown lingered at his lips as he knitted his brows together. "Were you saying something about me?"

"Gray!" Lucy ignored his agitation and placed a hand on the boy's shoulder. "This is Juvia's son from the future."

The entire guild fell silent, glancing at one and another in confusion.