|| Comments ||

How Comments Work

How Comments Work

Make sure you go into depth with your feedback and be specific, for the author to understand and improve on their craft. You may share whatever you liked about the chapter itself {remember, to be respectful} and share your opinions, favourites, thoughts, feelings, connections, anything, and give constructive criticism. Give Two sentences of constructive criticism and give Two sentences of positive feedback.

* For all Groups and Reader Reviewers, they all MUST follow the same rules and procedure as everyone else. Everyone must comment a few sentences of constructive criticism and comment a few sentences of positive feedback.

••●••

HOW/ WHAT NOT TO COMMENT

***This chapter was amazing. I loved your writing style. Also, I noticed there were few errors while reading this chapter.***

First of all, this comment lacks zero feedback for the author to improve and build on. Be SPECIFIC when commenting feedback.

Also, this comment might pass as an inline comment but definitely not as a final comment.

Your final comment should be properly thought out and written. It should be 4-5 sentences long– at least and should comprise of both positive feedback and constructive criticism.

~ {{Everyone is human but we all make mistakes while writing as do I all the time and that's why we need another set of eyes to find and eliminate those little critters}}.

••●••

EXAMPLE OF A GOOD COMMENT

***I loved your writing style. The way the characters interact with the other characters and the protagonist was realistic and the plot itself really brings the story to life. However, the story's pacing is a little too fast-paced, so I suggest adding some more descriptive language so it's not all just dialogue which will add a nice balance between the both of those elements. You should also consider adding more internal conflict so the readers can connect on an emotional level like adding the five senses such as sight, smell, touch, hear, and taste. So far, the plot is really interesting and it's all coming together very smoothly. Great job so far and keep up the good work.***

Also, this comment can be split up as an inline comments but this can definitely be a final comment.

••●••

You can also ask these questions while writing your comments:

• Were there ANY grammar/spelling/punctuation errors, structuring mistakes, plot holes issues, misplaced or missing information, past/present tense errors, slow/fast pacing mistakes, description/dialogue/narrative issues, passive voice or info dumping/too much world-building? Double-check these factors first before you comment on the chapters. Is there any way you can explain these issues at hand in a nice way for the author to improve?

• Were there any good plot developments, structuring, flow and originality, character developments, world-building, pacing, past or present tenses flow, grammar/spelling/punctuation, description/ dialogue/narrative, and or active voice? Can you connect with the characters? Is there any way you can explain these strong elements in a nice way for the author to improve?

• In your opinion, were there any strong character voice/ strong character dynamics/ strong character developments/ internal-conflicts/ external-conflicts/ punctuations/ structures/ engagement/ flow/ pacing/ themes/ story/ settings/ scenes/ plot developments you enjoyed within this chapter.

•  Did you enjoy the description, dialogue, narrative, inner monologue, voice, and overarching arc, as well as; how did you find the emotion within the chapter? Did it feel alive, realistic and authentic? Could you relate or feel the protagonist's emotions in such a way with all the five senses?

• This is just a guide for you to improve on better feedback. So make sure to give general feedback on the chapter as a whole with honest, positive, constructive criticism. Adding your own suggestions/opinions/thoughts — thus, giving the author room for improvement

Please leave a comment, if you have any further questions!