|| Assignment Rules ||

If you do not agree with the rules and requirements of the Fireflies Book Club, then, unfortunately, this is not the place for you. I would love to accept everyone, but you know rules MUST be followed in order for this Book Club to be a happy and positive one.

••●••

→ There are two groups within Fireflies Book Club GROUP 01, PG & GROUP 02, Mature.

→ Each member will be paired with another member, who's book you will have to read and review.

→ You have to read and review 2 chapters of your partner's book within the assignment week. [2 weeks] A chapter less than 1000 words in not counted as a full chapter.

→ Each group will have an admin assigned who will check your progress after you have done your assignment.

→ These admin will either approve your assignment completion or tell you how to improve your reviews.

→ Assignments are due on Saturday, 11:30 pm IST. 

→ New assignments will be published on Sundays, Indian Standard Time.

••●••

You must read two chapters and complete the Assignment in two weeks. Within the weeks, you will get 3-4 reminders (according to the availability of the admins). These reminders will be you being tagged in a comment which mentions the time left. If you have completed the assignment and commented 'Done', you will not be tagged.

If, even after multiple reminders, you do not complete your assignment on time, you will be given a strike and you will be mentioned in the 'DEFAULTERS' column until you finish the missed assignment. You will be given 3 chances to complete, and even after that if you do not complete it, you will be dropped from the club.

More information on Strikes in the upcoming chapter– All About ❌ || Strikes

••●••

Once the Assignment is posted and you are paired, please do not wait for your partner to start first. We do not want to hear that you couldn't complete your assignment because your partner didn't start. What if your partner was waiting for the same thing from you?

If, in case, your partner didn't review your book but you did, it will be our responsibility to get your share of chapters reviewed. Fireflies book club will give your partner 3 chances to complete their missed assignment. If they do not do it even after that, they will be dropped from the book club and one of the admins will be assigned to review your chapters in their stead.

In case both of you didn't complete your assignment on time, both of you will be given a strike and same procedure will be followed.

••●••

You only have to read two chapters in two weeks. Do not enter if you are not committed to the reading time. There are strikes in place, so keep that in mind.

Also, if you do not complete your first assignment (after trial), you will be dropped immediately. There are no strikes in place for users who do not commit to their first assignment.

••●••

In case you back out last minute, or do not contact us and try to evade our reminders, you will be banned. 

If you have to exit the book club, you must do it after completing your assignment.

••●••

Make sure you go into depth with your feedback and be specific, for the author to understand and improve on their craft. Password 2 is any word that starts with the first letter of your password 1. For eg. Password 1- Sex and the City , Password 2- Sanctorum. [Sanctorum starts with 'S' which is the first letter of 'Sex and the City']

You may share whatever you liked about the chapter itself [remember, to be respectful] and share your opinions, favourites, thoughts, feelings, connections, anything, and give constructive criticism. 

General Rule of thumb for both Glow and normal assignments, you have to leave:

3-4 inline comments, which are at least 1 to 2 sentences (not just, 'yayy', 'thats good', 'i like this paragraph')

● and 1 final comment (which does not need to be inline). The final comment should be around 4-5 sentences long— at least.

For the inline comments, you don't need the #ffbc tag 【 but you can use the tag if you want 】

For the final comment, it's necessary to use the #ffbc tag.

The same rules apply to glow comments but with #ffbcGlow tag. More about Glow can be read in the chapters: Glow || Rules and Info and Glow || Updates and Lives

Do not be rude with your comments. Try to incorporate and balance the comments with positive criticism.

You can read in depth about the type of comments you can add in the chapter: || Comments ||

••●••

After completing your assignment, you must comment inline where mentioned and tag your group's admin.

Example: I have completed chapters 1 and 2 of *book name* by * partner's username* then tag your admin.

Please leave a comment if you have any further questions!