2: His white stallion

Several of Levi's ribs audibly shattered as the titans hand grasped at him and held on. He tried, and failed, to stifle a shriek as he rose steadily towards the gaping mouth of the giant.

He must admit, this wasn't the way he'd planned to go out. He'd imagined a noble death, one worthy of humanity's strongest. One people would talk about for centuries to come, one for the history books when the titans had been fully eradicated, and this hell had finally ended.

As the hand bought him closer to death, images of his, quite frankly, short and shitty life passed through his mind. The day his mother died, and when kenny found him three days later crouching next to her already decaying corpse. The day kenny left him to survive in the underground by himself. The day he met Farlan and stole The 3DMG gear, giving the people down there a glimpse of hope for their survival as they flew like gracious birds across the sky.

The day he met Isabel and protected her from those crooks. That was the day he learned to care more. To not judge a book by its cover. To be wary, yes of course, but to be more open.

The days he spent with Isabel and Farlan soaring above the rooftops of their city, stealing from the MP's and giving to the poor. It reminded him of a story his mother told him of Robin Hood. Levi loved the idea of being Robin Hood.

The day he met Erwin Smith, and was given the job of killing him, though he didn't need much persuading after he shoved his face in a dirty puddle. The day he joined the survey corps, and decided to give his heart and soul for a cause he only vaguely had an idea about.

The day he lost everything he'd ever cared about. A day just like this. A day he decided to trust his enemy, and go forward with no regrets. Levi could wholeheartedly confirm in these final moments that he regretted nothing. Not one thing.

Levi closed his eyes and, for the first time in forever, smiled. He stopped struggling, welcomed the pain that wracked his body and relaxed. If this is it, there's no turning back.

And then..

"THERE HE IS, COMMANDER! HURRY! THE TITAN HAS HIM!"

A voice he recognised. One belonging to a crazy, four-eyed scientist with a weird obsession and love for humanities greatest enemy. Levi couldn't be happier to hear their voice.

He opened his eyes. There, right in front of him, were three horses, two with people on them. One was Hange, the crazy one who's voice he'd heard a second before. Another was Miche, a skilled soldier to say the least. And the last had no one on it. It was a pure white, well behaved, angel-like stallion. His stallion.

From behind the titans ugly head came the sounds of 3DMG zipping, swords being unsheathed and a loud mix between and angry cry and a grunt.

Then, the Titan fell limp, the grip loosened on his chest, and Levi began to fall. He didn't know how to feel at the time, but later began to thank the three scouts involved in saving him.

He was caught just before he hit the ground by none other than the man who had forced him to join the scouts, the one he'd sworn to kill and the one he now trusted implicitly. The person he owed his life to: Erwin Smith.

As he landed, Erwin immediately started checking Levi over. He could tell by the look in his eyes that he was in immense pain, and it was clear why. A broken ankle, two or three broken ribs and a knock to the head was enough to make any lesser soldier lose all faith or die. Erwin was more than impressed. Concerned, but impressed.

"We need to set up base somewhere for the night." Erwin concluded, facing Hange and Miche. "Signal all troops to head to the castle nearby and set up camp. Make sure any injured are given proper treatment. I'll make sure Levi's ok." The two others nodded, and rode off ahead.
"You sure... you'll be ok, Erwin?" Levi struggled after Hange and Miche had left. Erwin smiled a soft smile and nodded, picking up Levi and seating him on his horse.

"Don't you concern yourself about me, Levi. You worry about yourself." The Commander spoke softly and he climbed on the horse in front of Levi. He took off his cape and draped it over the injured man, who's head was resting lightly on his back.
"You realise that might fall off me, right?" Levi said, so softly that it was barely audible. Erwin still heard, and scoffed.

"That's the least of my worries right now." The blonde kicked the side of the horse gently, and they galloped off into the woods. The last thing Levi remembered before passing out was the sound of the wind whistling in his ears, and the strange warm feeling he got from resting his head on the commanders back.

Word count- 859

Jesus that was a rollercoaster. Took forever to write XD.

Part 3 will be uploaded soon, but for now make sure you stay hydrated and look after yourselves <3