Ch 22

The members of the Justice League, as well as a few from the Young Justice sat around the large table in the meeting room. Batman was at the head of the table, looking as if he hadn't slept in days. He had been the one to call the emergency meeting and everyone was wondering why.

The more experienced members of the Justice League had pits of worry growing in their stomachs. The world had just learned that Dick Grayson aka Nightwing, the real Nightwing, was alive, and here Batman was calling an emergency meeting. The fact that Nightwing wasn't there worried them. They all figured that the meeting must have something to do with the eldest of the bat children.

Batman finally spoke after what seemed like an eternity. "The court has taken Nightwing."

The hearts of everyone in the room dropped.

"There's one place that he might be, but we're going to need all hands on deck. We aren't just going to go rescue Nightwing, we are going to take down the court once and for all." Batman said, throwing up a holo screen showing a picture of the entrance to the court's underground fortress. "When I was captured by the court a few months ago, this is where they brought me. They have a giant maze which was where they put me, but I believe there is another section of the building where they may be keeping Nightwing. The court is made up of highly trained assassins, some of which are enhanced by a component they call electrum, making them basically unkillable. We can't take this mission lightly. We'll need to be on the top of our game with as much help as we can get. We will meet for the mission at 1700 hours. Go get some rest and bring anyone you know who might be able to help." Batman turned and walked away, signaling that the meeting was at an end.

Electricity coursed through Dick's body causing him to scream and writhe on the metal table he'd been strapped to.

The electricity was shut off, leaving Dick twitching and breathing heavily.

"Who are you?" A masked woman asked for what seemed like the millionth time.

"Nightwing." Dick muttered.

Another small shock jolted Dick's body.

"You are Talon, assassin for the court of owls. You obey the Grandmaster." The woman repeated, flipping a switch with sent electricity arcing through Dick's body again.

Grandmaster stepped into the room, staring at Dick as he screamed and struggled on the table. When the electricity was turned off again Grandmaster stepped closer to Dick. This time he asked the question. "Who are you?"

"T... Nightwing." Dick muttered, eyelids drifting closed.

"Have you seen any Progress Dr. Brady?" Grandmaster asked the owl who was standing at the control station.

The woman cleared her throat. "Though it may seem insignificant, he started out this session saying his actual name, Dick Grayson, now he has started saying Nightwing instead. You yourself heard the slip up he made when you asked him who he was this last time. I believe you will have your Talon back after only a few more sessions." The doctor clasped her hands in front of herself, hoping Grandmaster was pleased with the results she had provided.

"That's excellent news Dr. When do you expect to be done?" Grandmaster asked with a smug look on his face.

"If we do another session at midday, and another in the evening, I expect we could be finished by the end of tomorrow."

"Excellent." Grandmaster said, turning to one of the talons who were guarding the door. "You there. Take Talon back to his cell." He called turning and walking away.

The talon walked over to the metal table with Dr. Brady and began helping her remove the equipment and straps from Dick's body. Once everything was removed the talon picked him up and began to carry him back to the cement room he had first woken up in a few days ago. The talon opened the door and dropped Dick to the ground. She paused for a moment, looking at the electrical burns covering Dick's torso as they slowly faded from his skin.

Mask of Glassजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें