Ch 10

This chapter is dedicated to Bela2372 and Flxme_Alchemist for their lovely comments, it's nice to know that people are enjoying this. -McBrube

The next morning Dick woke up in his bed. 'Bruce must have carried me up here after I fell asleep last night.' Dick thought to himself as he sat up and checked the clock. 6:30 AM. Dick proceeded to go take a shower and get ready for the day.

When Dick was finished getting ready, he walked downstairs. Nobody else, besides Alfred, was awake yet, so Dick sat in the dining room alone. He opened his phone and decided to text Babs.

"Hey Babs, sorry about having to cancel our date yesterday." Dick texted.

Babs replied almost immediately with, "No problem, I'm just glad we were able to find you and Damian before it was too late. How is he doing?"

"I think he's doing alright... I assume that he might have a bit of a cold since he was out in the ice for so long." Dick texted back.

"How are you doing? You gave us quite a scare yesterday when you freaked out."

Dick rubbed his neck as he looked at what Babs had texted to him, still ashamed about not being able to control himself yesterday. "I'm fine." He replied.

"What happened? Jason seemed to be the only one who knew what was going on." Babs texted.

"It was a hallucination... sometimes when I wake up from dreams or, in this case, being frozen, my mind doesn't process where I am or what is going on, and I see things. It's usually things from the court. I'm sorry if I scared you or hurt you."

"You don't need to be sorry. It wasn't something that you could control... I know it's been hard for you, and I'm so proud of how well you've handled everything." Babs sent.

"Thanks, maybe we could reschedule our date for sometime next week." Dick texted, hoping that Babs would want to reschedule, after yesterday's fiasco.

"I'm actually free tonight... if you are." Babs said.

Dick's heart leapt and his mouth widened into a smile. "As a supposed dead man most of my nights are usually free." He texted back.

"Bruce really should do something about that... 6 then?"

"Yep. I'll come pick you up like we planned." Dick sent.

"See you then!" Babs replied.

"See you." Dick turned his phone off, the smile was still on his face.

A few minutes later Bruce walked into the dining room with a cup of coffee in one hand and the rest of the pot in his other hand.

"Good morning!" Dick greeted cheerily. He only received a grunt in response from Bruce. "You're up early." Dick said, trying to start a conversation.

"There's something I wanted to do today." Bruce mumbled, bringing his mug up for another sip.

"Oooo, interesting." Dick said, leaning forward a bit in his seat. "Is it something for work?"

"Not exactly." Bruce answered with a nervous chuckle. "I was hoping to spend some one on one time with you today, to see if maybe we could get everything sorted out and get you back out as Nightwing."

Dick's mouth fell open, and he practically jumped up and down with excitement. "Yes! I've been waiting to go out for forever!" He shouted.

"Ok, calm down." Bruce said, not bothering to conceal his smile. "You probably won't get to patrol today, seeing as your suit was made when you were a lot... shorter. But as soon as we get a new one made..." Bruce trailed off leaving the statement unfinished.