Chapter 6

Afterlife
Watson
23:08pm

Being carried on V's shoulder is extremely uncomfortable, especially when your hands and feet are tied up. Looking around the familiar underground club, I notice that we are headed to a crowded bar.

"Hey Clare, she in?" V asks in his rough voice

"Hey Clare, she in?" V asks in his rough voice. I couldn't see who this 'Clare' person was, but it's not like it really mattered. It makes me wonder though who is the person that is dying to meet me. Could it be my mother? Or worse?

"Not at the moment, you can wait while I fix up your favourite. Maybe your friend would like something to drink as well," A feminine voice chuckles with V joining in. I roll my eyes.

V places me on a bar stool and I scope out the area. Nothing changed. Someone clears their throat, gaining my attention. I turn to the source and it's V.

"What's your poison?" I give him a blank look and blink at his question.

"I don't drink poison," I state. He laughs and shakes his head.

"I meant what do you drink," a straight face covers my expression. He could've said that in the beginning instead of trying to act over the top.

"I'm fine," A mumble escapes my lips. I finally notice the appearance of Clare, she definitely had the look of a bar girl.

 I finally notice the appearance of Clare, she definitely had the look of a bar girl

"A quiet one isn't she?" Clare asks. She takes a closer look at me and her eyes widen in shock.

"Wa-wait. Isn't she--"

"--Hanako Arasaka's daughter? Yes, she is," V cuts her off. I could've answered for myself, but I guess he doesn't think so.

"It's not that shocking," I sigh. Every time people find out that I'm an Arasaka their minds freeze. But it's probably because it's a big name.

"V, you brought her here of all places! If Rogue finds out- you should get her out of here," Clare yells, ignoring what I said.

"Clare calm down, you don't want the whole place to realise that we have a WANTED Arasaka in Afterlife," V hushes her and glances around making sure there are no prying eyes.