Chapter 1

Y/n's estate
Westbrook
11:00pm

I was sitting on the couch in the large mansion. I never really left the house unless I was escorted by bodyguards. Wasn't my choice, moreso my mother's.

Scrolling through the channels was pretty boring, as most of them were about how Night City came to be. Move on from the past already. I hear the door open and in walks Yorinobu and Evelyn Parker. Never was a fan of her, just something about her made me think that she has a hidden agenda.

"I wasn't expecting you to be up so late," He states curiously. I shake my head at him and and narrow my eyes at how Evelyn is holding his hand. Fake love.

"Is your mother here or did she head back to the hotel?" I shrug.

"Maybe, while you were banging some chick, she mentioned she had to go out somewhere, not sure though," He frowns at my choice of words. I look behind him and Evelyn is confused. Makes sense as she doesn't seem to understand Japanese.

I don't know why my home has to be my uncle's getaway. He is usually at the hotel, but no.

"I was with Evelyn not some chick," This makes me chuckle, I do a mock bow directed at Evelyn.

"I apologise my lady,"

I take the remote and switch off the T.V and walk upstairs to my room. The sound of my uncle comforting Evelyn made me sick.

"Don't worry, Y/n isn't usually like this, she is playful. She is probably on edge," Idiot. Why would he say that? I'm not on edge.

I shut my bedroom door, locking it right after. My bedroom, extremely big I must say. I'm my opinion the richer you are in Night City, the more dull life seems.

Nothing interesting happens in Night City, except for your usual crimes, but I don't really watch news. I can't stand bad news.

I take a seat on the edge of the bed and release a dark breath. Turning to the window, in all it's glory, is the city. It makes sense as to why they call it Night City. It's beautiful..at night.

A presence sits on the bed and hands begin messaging my back

A presence sits on the bed and hands begin messaging my back. I groan at the feeling. It's soothing.

"You seem tense Y/n, you should relax," Yoshi states. My own personal "joytoy'. He is there to comfort me in any way possible. For a person who doesn't have any friends I must say Yoshi is the best friend I ever had.

I don't remember my father, but I was probably too young anyway. My mother and I are really close, but she is usually very busy. This makes no sense to me as she is pretty old. I guess being an Arasaka means to never give up.

Yoshi stops messaging me, knocking me out of my thoughts. He pushes me gently to lie down on the bed. I turn to him. He gives me his gorgeous smile.