Chapter Twenty One

Author-chan wants to say gomen for late update >.<

Sorry, late update is because of midterms and work and shadowing and just flat out writer's block...

So my future plan for this story is to not follow the manga so completely, but just sort of (that's for y'all who haven't read the manga and don't want it spoiled) so hopefully you'll enjoy that :)

Anyways, uh, hope you like this update :) And thank you everyone for the 12k reads! :D Here, (tosses a handful of feathers at you) enjoy some fluff!

>>>>And there's a sleepy Levi picture as a bonus<<<<<

__________________________

“Levi,” she says softly, shaking his arm. He had been asleep for a few hours, passed out on the couch. “Levi, wake up. You’ll catch a cold if you sleep out here like this.”

His gray eyes lazily opened, slightly dazed. “Is someone on guard right now?”

She nods, looking to the front door. “Mikasa, Armin, and Sasha are asleep in my room right now. Connie and Jean are out there. Come on, let’s go to sleep.”

“I just woke up, and you want me to go back to sleep?”

“You’re exhausted, Levi. It’s showing on your face. ‘Kasa and Sasha have already volunteered for the next guard shift.”

She grabs his hands, trying to pull him from his sitting position on the couch. He pulls back on her, pulling her into his embrace while hugging her tightly. “Ah, brat, you’re right. I am exhausted. But I owe you an explanation, don’t I?” He pushes her away from him, his stormy eyes meeting her hazel gaze. He lifts her and sits her next to him, turning his eyes away from her. “I’ve been involved in some bad things, Nora.”

She watches as his eyes crinkle. She watches as his hands begin to tremble. And she watches as he bites his lip in an attempt to hold back his pain.

“Levi?” she asks softly, her hand gently touching his arm. He looks down at her hand before slinking away. “Levi, what’s wrong?”

“It’s funny, Nora,” he says quickly, a pained smile finding its way to his lips. “At the time, I didn’t see an issue with everything I was doing. I didn’t second guess it at all. But now… Dammit, I can’t bring myself to tell you. I can’t bring myself to poison your head with glorified horror stories as I try to justify myself. God, Nora… I just feel so disgusting, being in your presence when I’ve done so many bad things.”

“Hey,” she whispers in a soothing tone. “You don’t have to tell me, okay? Just tell me what happened to everyone. Let’s start with that first, okay?”

The older male looks off to the side again, having now composed himself. “Eren and Historia have been kidnapped by the Military Police.”