Chapter Fifteen

"You have to go. Come on, brat. Your parents wouldn't want you being late."

"I don't want to go," the curly haired girl replies, crossing her arms. Her curls were everywhere and she was still in her pajamas.

"Oi, I never asked if you wanted to. You have to go back."

"That's a week with them, Levi. A miserable week."

"I know, brat. Come on, get dressed."

She pouts one last time before getting up and heading to her room. After twenty minutes, she comes out, an empty bag in her hands. "Help," she sighs, opening the door.

He rolls his eyes and goes into her room, making her bed and straightening out some things before helping her pack some of her favorite things.

"Levi, I'm going to miss you," she whimpers, frowning. "My house always smells funny. It always smells like fancy food and really strong old lady perfumes. I like the smell of you and our house."

He rolls his eyes again and goes into his room. Minutes later, he emerges with a neatly folded black sweater. "Here, take this with you. You steal it all the time anyways. Might as well just keep it and call it yours from now on."

The sweater was a black darker than any other black Nora has ever seen before. It suited Levi's pale demeanor. But she loved it so. It was long on her, reaching almost to her knees. It was always extremely soft and smelled like Levi, having that distinctive smell of fresh soap and grass but also a little bit of vanilla.

And it was true; she stole it all the time. One day she found it folded with the rest of their laundry. She caught a chill and decided to steal it, and has loved it ever since. He'd leave it folded and on his dresser, so it was easy for her to take whenever she wanted it. It was honestly one of her favorite things to wear, even if she never would admit it.

"Thanks, Levi!" Nora says, grinning brightly. She hugs him tight around the waist. He hugs her back gently.

"You're welcome. Now finish packing some things before you leave."

"Wait," she says, letting go of him. She grabs the stuffed bunny off of her bed, handing it to Levi happily. "Here!" she tells the black haired man. He takes it questionably. "It's only fair, since you gave me your sweater! Hold onto Hops until I get back, 'kay?"

He sighs, grabbing the plush bunny. "Fine," he says, taking the bunny to his room and putting it on his bed. He'd pack it up for when he'd leave for the underground later.

After she's finished packing, Levi takes the bag and throws it over his shoulder. They start walking, and she grabs his hand. He doesn't refuse.