Weasleys Wizard Wheezes

~ Elle ~ 

"Fred no!" I screamed as he scooped me off the ground from my pile of homework and sprinted down out of the common room, into the halls of Hogwarts.

"We're going on an adventure!" he replied without slowing down.

"Fred! I need to finish my homework. If I don't get those essays done I'll be put in detention then I'll be dead for sure with Angie as our captain" 

He laughed and continued to bound around the castle with me thrown over his shoulder.

I gave up and relaxed because there was nothing I could do to escape from him and before I knew it we were standing in front of the painting leading to the schools kitchens.

"Would you like to do the honors m'lady?" he asks in a very posh accent as he lowers me to the ground and gestures towards the painted fruit bowl.

"Of course sir, but you should know that this area is strictly out of bounds to students" I reply with equal verve as I reach forward, tickling the little green pear that giggles under my touch before the whole painting swings open to reveal a large kitchen full of little house elves who rush forward to assist us bearing plates and trays full of cakes and pies.

We're offered seats in the far side of the kitchen and are offered Butterbeer and sandwiches while they go back to preparing dinner for the rest of the school.

"I always feel so bad about how much they go out of their way for us" I admit as Fred pulls out a chair for me before sitting in the one right next to me.

"I do too sometimes, but they do it because they want to make us happy, they aren't given any orders on how to treat us though love, we aren't even supposed to know they are here." he points out as he eats a sandwich. 

"Yet they did not anticipate such trouble makers as the Weasley twins to cross the gates of Hogwarts that blatantly ignore every single rule set by the founders over a thousand years ago - except maybe the rule about getting into the girls dormitories." I laugh.

"Hey! I've been trying to outsmart those bloody stairs for nearly seven years!" he protests and I laugh before taking another sandwich.

"Oh well, I guess you just won't be the best pranksters that ever walked these halls, that title remains with the Marauders." I say a-matter-of-factually knowing that it will drive him insane.

"I still want to find out who they were" he thinks out loud making me suddenly freeze in my tracks "all George and I know is that they were after our parents time because they'd never heard of them."

 "You don't know that, they could've just kept the name to themselves." I say measuring my words carefully but he picks up on my change in tone and whips his head around.

"You know them! And you never told us!" he cries in outrage, turning the heads of many of the elves.

"Okay don't be mad but it's something that I'd worked out with Harry, Ron and Hermione a couple of years ago-" but I was cut off by his booming voice.

"A couple of years?!" 

"Fred quiet! You're going to upset the house elves. I didn't tell you because it was my dad and his friends" I mumble but he hears every syllable.

"Your dad?" he asks quietly, reaching for my hand and holding it in both of his.

"Yeah. It was him, Sirius, Remus and Peter Pettigrew. I just liked to keep it to myself because it was one of the only pieces I had left of him. Harry and I don't have much of our parents - even less of our mother - and I just wanted to hold onto the idea that there was someone carrying on their unfinished business close to me."