Hogwarts

~ Elle ~

Just before the end of the holidays after Harry had finished with his trial for underage magic and was cleared of all charges, the annual booklists and start of term reminders came by owl for all of us, Ginny, Hermione and I slumped on the ground reading them.

All was quiet in the room as we looked at the short lists we had this year until Hermione gave a small shriek.

Ginny and I turned to see her clasping a small Scarlet badge with a golden P on it looking completely awe-struck.

"They've made me a prefect!" She exclaimed as Ginny smiled.

"I don't know why you're surprised anyway. You've got the best grades in the year, you were bound to get it" she said.

"I-I thought that Elle would get it. She gets just as good grades as me - even better in defence against the dark arts - I don't understand" she stammered out breathlessly.

I snorted a laugh.

"Are you serious? With all the trouble I've caused over the last four years? I'm surprised I didn't get kicked out honestly" I stated with a swift high five from Ginny.

We both knew that it would be between the two of us for the position of Gryfindor prefect but I silently knew it was Hermione. She was right in saying that we got similar grades and were both well known by the other students, but I was a trouble maker like my brother, like my father and godfather and like my boyfriend. Dumbledore would know that I wouldn't be the right person for the job.

"B-but you're so much more popular than me. Y-youre the most popular girl in our year." Hermione stammered once again.

"The students don't decide who get the badges though Mione. Enjoy it. Just promise to dock Malfoy a few points every time you see him" I laughed.

Hermione left to go tell the boys and we heard her squeal to one of them and Harry trying to get words in.

Ginny and I ran upstairs expecting to see her congratulating Harry but instead we saw him looking dumbstruck in front of Fred and George who were staring down at the scarlet badge in rons hands, identical to Hermiones.

"There's got to be a mistake. Nobody in their right minds would make Ron a prefect" they both stayed bluntly.

Ginny tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to the staircase where her mother was approaching from and the two of us left promptly, not wanting to be there when she found out that there was a fourth prefect in the family or the horrified looks on the twins faces.

We sat in our room listening to mollys joyful yells and Ron trying to escape from her before a very angry Fred and George trudged into the room.

George sat next to Ginny while Fred sat next to me and the two instantly rounded on her.

"Do us a favour and never become a prefect Ginny. I don't think we could stand the shame." George exclaimed.

"Yeah mum always says that were the dissapointments! Bill was headboy and went to raid tombs in Egypt. Charlie was a prefect and ran off to Romainia to play with dragons. And look at Percy, headboy and is now nothing more than the Minister for magics boot-licker." Fred scoffed.

I ran a hand through his hair and he relaxed slightly.

"There's nothing wrong with being a prefect Ginny. If you do become one next year it will be a great opportunity for you. You get loads more power and I hear the bathroom is nice too" I explained having heard all about it from Harry last year.

"Nah I reckon she'll be just like you" George indicated looking at me "Really popular but not prefect material"

Ginny looked outraged.