+ twenty two.

I've been out of the hospital for about a week now and I'm still getting settled in and moving my stuff in the apartment, as well as the twins. Life has been very busy, but I like it this way because it lets me forget about all of the chaotic shit going on in my life. The apartment only has 2 bedrooms, so Ethan and Grayson were nice enough to offer to share a bedroom and let me have my own.

"My room is so cute!" I squeal in excitement. Putting all the decorations up and getting everything organized is so satisfying to me, and it made me proud of myself to see the end result.

"Yeah, my half of my room looks pretty good too." Grayson smirks and laughs. I roll my eyes at him.

"Hey buddy you guys offered to share a room." I give them a smile and turn away, continuing to unpack my stuff. "I think the apartment is really coming together."

"Thanks to you," Ethan chimes in. "We could never have such a neat and decorated house without you.

"Well I'm glad I can be the maid for you guys." I roll my eyes in a playful way and the twins laugh.

"Oh come on you know that's why you're here" Grayson hugs me from behind. "We want you here genuinely."

"I know, I know. I'm just playing." I get butterflies when Grayson hugs me from behind, I won't lie.

I go to the kitchen to tidy things up while the boys continue to unpack and organize the things for their bedroom. As I unpack some little snacks and what not, I feel a pair of hands caress my hips. I feel a head on my shoulder, and some breathing along with it, which gives me immediate chills.

"This will be so exciting, having you live with us," A deep voice whispers in my ear. I recognize the voice, but it wasn't who I expected it to be.

I quickly whip my head around, widening my eyes at the sight of Grayson being so flirtatious with me.

"Wow," I lean against the counter and look him up and down. "I didn't expect to hear that from you. But yes, it could possibly be very fun." I kiss his neck and walk away, leaving him to wonder what that possibly could have turned into. I smirk with satisfaction knowing the effect I have on Ethan and Grayson.

I go back to my room to just unwind and relax for a bit before I realize there is one more box I had yet to unpack. I walk over and open the box. The first thing I see is a picture of me and my mom. It's me and her at my kindergarten graduation. I'm wearing one of my favorite dresses, a yellow frilly short sleeved dress. I remember my mom spent hours fixing that dress and sowing on cute little white flowers after I'd ripped my dress while playing outside with Kayla. I go numb, but I soon realize a single tear is rolling down my cheek. I haven't had much time to actually think about my mother's death and grieve, so once it hit me, it hit me hard. I hold the picture to my chest and snap. I quietly sob as much as I could and I could not stop. I lay down on my bed and stare at the ceiling, empty, numb, crying.

"You okay babe?" A voice asks me, snapping me out of my thoughts. It's Grayson.

"Babe?" I sit up and wipe my tears. "That's new. I'm okay I'm just seeing this picture of my mom that I packed away and it brought back memories. Haven't really had time to process it. It's so hard to talk about because it seems no teen I know has lost a parent where they could understand." That sentence triggers something in him. He looks down at the ground and pauses for a second, like time had stopped. He sighs and comes to sit down next to me on my bed.

"I get it."

"What? How?" I look at him puzzled. I guess I don't know too much about Grayson's personal life, yet here I am living with him and his twin brother only after a few months of knowing them.  "You do?"

"I do." He looks into my eyes. "A few months before Ethan and I met you, we lost our dad. He had cancer and had battled it for a few years, and finally, he lost the battle."

I just look at him for a moment. I had no idea, I'd never even thought to ask about his personal life or his family or anything. This doesn't make sense to me. None of this makes sense. I look at his hazel eyes as they become glossy and start to water. I can tell he wants to cry but is holding it in."

"Oh my God Grayson," I cry and pull him in for a hug. "I had no idea. I'm so sorry you're so strong."

"He was my best friend!" He cries into my shoulder. I can hear and feel the pain in his voice. It hits different now after losing a parent myself.

"Do you want to tell me about him?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah, sure. Yeah, I do." He smiles. "He was my and Ethan's best friend. He was a role model to me. He taught me everything I knew about being a true man. He taught me how to play football, he taught me how to be a good person, and he always supported Ethan and I no matter what. He never forgot a name, always making people feel important. I aspire to me half the man he was."

"Wow, he sounds like a great guy." I smile. "I wish I could have met him."

"He would've really liked you."

"You think?" I ask him.

"I know so." He hugs me.

After our heartfelt conversation, we sit on my bed and just talk for what felt like hours over the littlest things. It was nice to have someone. I didn't wanna feel alone in this life, and now I don't have to.

+++
* please vote and/or comment! it keeps me motivated to write :) *