Chapter 8: Is This Love?

For the next couple of nights, Bunnymund would sneak out ofhis window and meet Kari in the clearing for a night of talking, goofing around, and kissing. As much as he was scared to admit it, the big tough guardian was falling head-over-heels in love.

One night, Bunny suprised Kari by hiding behind a rock, and then swooping in and picking her up bridal style. She shrieked and started laughing, kissing him on the cheek. He set her down, and he lay his head in her lap. She stroked his ears softly.

"How was your day, Sheila?" Bunny asked with his eyes closed.

Kari sighed. "It was okay. Bruce tried to take me back. He doesn't know about us yet."

Bunny's eyes shot open. "Us?"

Kari blushed a light shade of pink. "Yeah, I mean we're sort of a thing, right?" In response, Bunny sat up and kissed her neck. 

"Definetly," He whispered. These past few nights had made him a lot less shy around her. They hadn't done anything more than kiss, but he was happy. Kari broke away from the kiss, and jogged down to the stream. 

"What are you doin, Love?" Bunny smirked as he watched Kari dip her toes in the water. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head. He scooped her up, and tossed her into the water.

"Bunnymund!" Kari laughed. "What was that for? Come on and help me out of here." Bunny agreed, and bent down to pull her out, but instead, she pulled him in! He sputtered, and then chuckled.

"Oh, now you've done it," he joked. He dove underwater, and pulled her down. The two were now completely submerged, and when they laughed, little bubbles of air shot out of the water. After what seemed like forever, the two pookas emerged from the water and crawled onto dry land, collapsing in exaustion. Bunny lay down, and Kari snuggled into his chest. 

"Kari, the sun's rising..I have ta go.." Bunny said weakly, but Kari just pressed a finger to his lips.

"Please. Stay here with me. Just this once." Kari whispered, half asleep. Bunny couldn't say no to the sleepy pooka lady, and wrapped his arms around her, watching her drift off to sleep.

"Sweet dreams, Love," Bunny smiled, and closed his eyes, sleeping under a blanket of moonlight.