Chapter 3: Some "Brotherly" Bonding

Bunny had no idea how this had even happened.

One minute, he was sitting at the breakfast table, and the next, Jack had thrown a muffin at the base of his neck, resulting in a stream of curses, an insult war, and ultimately, a food fight. By the time it was over, Tori's entire kitchen was trashed, there were food splatters on Jack's sweatshirt, and Bunny's fur looked like it had been dyed a putrid orange color. The pooka seethed in anger as Jack rolled around on the ground in laughter.

"Your-Your-FACE!!" The spirit laughed.

"Watch it, Snowball," growled Bunnymund.

Jack stood up. "What are you gonna do to me, you oversized rat?"

Bunny's eyes shot daggers. "Frosbite!"

"Kangaroo!"

"Drongo!"

"Peter Cottontail!"

"ENOUGH" Bellowed North, standing up. The two bickering guardians looked over at him. North's face was redder than usual, and bits of fruit were stuck in his beard from the food fight. Tori pushed back her chair, wiped her face with her paw, and angrily stormed over to North's side.

"I have had enough of you two! You are both fighting on same side! Why is there always problem?!" North glared at the two, who stood sheepishly and looked down at their feet.

Tori looked from Bunnymund to Jack. "It has been a whole year since Jack became a Guardian and you still insist on fighting! If you two are ever going to get along, you need to spend more time together instead of arguing!" North nodded.

Bunnymund gaped. "Mom! But-"

"No but's!"

Jack looked from Tori to North. "You can't be serious."

"Of course we are serious! Tooth, Sandy, you agree, no?" North asked. Sandy nodded, and Tooth chimed in.

"Jack, Bunny, they're right. You have to learn to like each other! You two are practically brothers! How about this- Jack, you go help Bunny paint some eggs."

Bunnymund and Jack immediately started complaining.

"He'll screw up my eggs!" Bunny groaned.

"Painting? Really? This is gonna be so not fun." Jack whined.

"It's settled. Bunny, you two get cleaned up and take Jack out by the river and you guys can paint." Tori ushered them out the door.

***

Ten minutes later, Jack and Bunnymund arrived at the main river flowing through the warren; it had been enchanted to become iridescent purple paint and it glittered with the sun. Jack and Bunnymund sat down, and a small paras of eggs with legs marched over to them. Bunnymund grabbed a brush, and started to paint. Instead of helping, Jack perched on his staff and looked down at the pooka.

"So, let me get this straight. You aren't the original Easter Bunny?"

"Nah. I mean, my mom was chosen millennia ago; however, she broke the contract saying that guardians couldn't have children. But luckily, Manny chose me when I was born; for what, I don't remember. I-" Bunnymund's eyes grew wide and he dropped the egg he was painting. He let out a small squeak.

"Bunny? Why-"

"Shh!" The pooka hissed. Jack turned around.

Lying on the other side of the river was a tawny female pooka.