Four-

August- 7-1974

It was 7:30 in the morning, and the pan was sizzling with cooked slices of bacon and eggs, filling the house with the aroma. Typical breakfast, but Arrietty knew precisely how to enhance the flavor. Today, she had to work but does not enter until 1:30. She woke up early today to advance the final touches of the apparel she was designing for her project in fashion and just have some free time to herself.

Arrietty took her black spatula from the drawer and picked up the bacon and eggs. She then placed it onto her round plate and sat down at the large marble table she had. She ate while reading the magazine of the latest gossip and news in the UK. She saw political news, what movies were coming out, and she saw a certain section that caught her attention. She read that Queen was already working on their third album so quickly, even after they just finished touring. That meant they would release two albums in one year: Queen II and their new album. She thought that was quite impressive and admired them even more. She recalled the moment she attended Queen at her work last week. She felt like it was all a dream meeting one of her favorite bands.

Once she finished reading and eating, she washed the plate and got herself a glass of water.

She was graduating in a month, meaning that she had to put her A-game on. Arrietty sighed and went back to her room to sewed the buttons on the attire. After a while, she was almost done, just reviewing what she needed and hoping her project was good enough. As she was finishing, she heard her dial phone ring from the living room. She picked up and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello Arrietty, how are you doing?" her mother asked through the other end of the line. Arrietty was surprised that her mother called, the last time they talked was three months ago and Arrietty felt guilty for not calling her before, but she's been busy lately.

"Oh, I'm doing good, actually. What about you, mom, how are you and Michelle doing?" Michelle was Arrietty's little sister who was fifteen years of age.

"I'm doing fine, honey, and so is Michelle, she has been asking about you recently."

"Oh, yeah? Is she there with you, so I can talk to her?"

"No she's with your aunt's house for vacation, but I visited her the past two weeks," Her mom replied.

"Oh, ok. I'll make sure to call her. I miss her a lot, I wish she could come here if she could" Arrietty said.

Her family lived in Wales but Arrietty moved to London, England for a better opportunity for her education. She left right when she was going to start college and it hurt her to leave Michelle behind because she loved her like nobody else.

"I know, honey. But we'll be there to visit you as soon as you know it."

"I hope so."

Their conversation came to an end with goodbyes and Arrietty looked at the clock: 10:42. She thought of Michelle for a while and walked back to the guest room, she actually had three empty bedrooms in her house and used it as her own room for painting.

She was painting a scene of the beautiful beach, she and Michelle went to a year ago in France, near the hometown of their dad. She could never forget that moment, definitely, one of the best times she had ever had. The beach had the brightest blue any beach could hold. Arrietty asked someone to take a picture of her and Michelle near the shore, hugging each other. She used the photo as a reference and wanted to paint it to give it to Michelle.

She was a great painter, and she had many paintings done. They would either be a landscape, a portrait, or a simple to a complex object. Arrietty was really the most creative and artistic girl there was, she could paint, draw, and design. She had been drawing and painting, professionally, and took classes when she was young. She had a natural talent and remembers when everyone in school would always keep telling her to draw them. The good old times, she would think.