Five-

August-7-1974

All she saw was the attractive man standing there, his hands on his hips and smiling. "Oh, uh, hi Freddie," Arrietty stopped and looked at him with great attention.

"I told you I'd come back, and it looks like I came here right on time," Freddie smiled at Arrietty and turned to Belle also greeting her, "Hello, miss."

"Excuse me, that would be a ma'am to you!" Belle jokingly said. Arrietty and Belle burst into laughter again. Freddie stood there, tilted his head, and faintly squinted his eyes in bewilderment, wondering why she had said that.

"Shh..." Arrietty shushed Belle, "I'm sorry Freddie, it was- it was a joke. It's 'cause this old lady thought she was all that and that's what she said just a few moments before- before you got here," Arrietty responded, laughing in between words.

"Yeah, I didn't mean that, sorry," Belle apologized.

"Oh no, it's ok. Was it that woman I saw that stormed off of the store with a fur coat hanging on her arms?" Freddie wondered.

"You saw her?" Arrietty asked laughing then realized she was too loud, "Ok, sorry, this is not an appropriate time to be laughing."

To his amusement, he loved her laugh. He listened to her laugh and never heard such an adorable thing. Enough to be very contagious. Freddie stretched a big smile upon his face, "No worries, I came here to check out more clothes, alright? I'll ask for your help if I need it." Arrietty looked into his eyes, nodded, and just thought why a stylish man like him would need her help.

"Uh, yes, certainly, " Arrietty responded still staring at his enchanting sharp eyes.

Freddie thanked her and soon walked around the store, hands behind his back, looking at all the clothing there was. The clothing went from plain, simple, solid-colored shirts, to semi-formal suits and dresses, pretty much anything. He picked up a few clothing he thought he liked and put them back. He looked at some hats on the display table he saw big brims, French berets, and Breton hats.

Meanwhile, Arrietty just stared at him. She really couldn't take her eyes off of him as he walked between the clothing stalls with such style. He moved with a hint of sophistication like no other person she ever saw before. Belle noticed this, like if Arrietty was in her world of thought, but didn't say a word to not interrupt her. Arrietty now could only see Freddie's back since he was already a bit farther from the cash register, where she was. To gain a better view, she just kept moving her head slightly to see him better from the distance, trying to make it not too obvious.

He kept wandering, looking in the mirror, and putting some clothes in front of his chest to see if they looked good on him. Being indecisive, he walked back just a little closer to Arrietty's location, his face and body more visible to her. He pretended to not know what to pick and being a few feet away from Arrietty, he raised his hand to capture her attention.

Arrietty kept thinking if she has been staring for too much when she heard Belle giggle. "Uh, would you do me the favor to-to, uh, help the customers when they come here to pay, Belle?" Arrietty asked, hinting at the singer.

"Why are you always the lucky one?" Belle whispered to her. Arrietty simply smiled and walked towards Freddie.

"Yes, Freddie? How may I help?" Arrietty asked as she got closer and stood in front of him, realizing he is taller than she remembered.

"Oh well, I just needed some assistance and company, I usually don't go many places without one of the boys, as I'm accustomed."

Arrietty chortled, "Ok sure, I- I'd love to help."