Willkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome!

Alyssa and Charlie met Marc at Panera on Port Washington Road so the three of them could travel together to Trinity Lutheran before the roads on and around campus began to back up with students arriving for Move-In. They took the main entrance, which was open only to faculty and staff, then turned right and drove their vehicles to the parking lots outside Luther Hall, where two-way traffic ended. Once parked, the two students walked to the front of the campus's main classroom and administration building to wait for Julie Koerner and Brad to meet them and then go onto their respective residence halls (Alyssa and Julie at Tietjen, Brad and Charlie at Coburg).

Julie Jacobsen and Matt Olson were paired together at Augsburg awaiting the first handful of vehicles to grace their station's presence. While the two of them made small talk, a sizable contingent of the 3rd floor Fall athletes came out of the hall on their way to Siebert Dining Hall for breakfast ahead of practice. The group included Lexi, Jordan, Savannah Stark, Katelyn, Arielle Sharpe (a member of the women's golf team), Amber, Kailen, and Cali. They all waved or stopped to say hi to the pair, with Cali informing them of Conor and their dad's expected arrival time of 8:30.

Julie J: Do you know where Conor is living and who his roommate is?

Cali: Guy's name is Ryan Forbes and they're slotted for a first-floor room. He's a local. Went to Nicolet if I remember correctly.

Matt O.: Not that knowing that will do us any good, being out-of-staters.

Cali: Well, that's all I know really. Have fun with the freshmen.

Cali left to catch up with her floor mates, allowing the two peer ministers to return to watching Thunder Road for oncoming traffic to the quartet of dorms (Augsburg, Chemnitz, Coburg, and Katharine) on the northeast corner of campus.

It didn't take long after the 8:00 bells chimed for Augsburg to become the destination of choice for a fair segment of the vehicles traveling Thunder Road. Julie and Matt, along with the hall's four resident assistants, worked on loading the new residents' belongings onto flats which then would be wheeled to their intended destinations. After returning from his first move-in assignment, Matt saw Conor and Steve Farmer standing next to the latter's truck. The three men unloaded the bed, then went into Augsburg, with Matt taking the flat to Conor's room (126) while he and Steve checked-in and got keys for his new home, catching up to their helper a few minutes later. Once everything had been taken off the flat and placed in the room, Matt went back to the front of Augsburg while Conor and Steve talked.

Conor: Well, it's real now.

Steve: Yep. You're a college man. Any plans now that you're here?

Conor: Cali asked me to help her Matt with move-in at Wittenberg. I should have asked her where that actually is on campus.

Steve: I'm sure you can ask out front and get directions.

Conor locked the door, then he and his dad went back to the truck, doing one last check for anything that might not have made it in the initial haul. Seeing nothing, the two men said farewell to each other and Steve drove the road encircling campus before departing at the main entrance on its south edge.

Conor: Matt, can you tell me where Wittenberg is. I'm supposed to meet Cali's boyfriend there to help with move-in.

Matt O.: It's the first building you saw after coming onto campus at the west entrance, so you've got a bit of a trek to get there since you don't have your student ID yet to access other dorms via the tunnel system. Best bet is using the tunnel to go from here through Bonhoeffer to the main building complex, where you'll come up to the first floor, walk past Siebert and the Lake Shore Room, then through Stuenkel and the Field House before exiting. Take a left and Wittenberg will be the building on the right as you head south.