Sarah and Wil's Wedding (Part I)

Sarah and Wil's wedding day started on the Trinity campus with the student participants (Steph Lafleur, Erin, Matt Benning, Matt Olson, Katelyn, Tori, and Cam) along with Abby and Julie Koerner meeting for breakfast at Siebert. 

Steph: This is going to be a LONG day, so I hope everyone is making sure to eat when you can, stay hydrated, and don't exhaust yourselves before the ceremony.

Katelyn: Marc and I have talked a little bit about what I'm doing today, but can either you or Erin give me a better breakdown of the day-of tasks I'll probably perform?

Erin: You will be linking the bridal party with Marc and Steph in the sanctuary. Once he give his pep talks to the two teams, you will be in charge of everything that happens between then and when the bride and groom are at the altar.

Steph: You're also the alternate everything, meaning you might be asked to step in somewhere if there is a last-minute injury, cancellation, or if something was overlooked.

Erin: If I remember back to my first wedding with Marc, my role was "keeping the participants calm and the entry order correct."

Steph: We went over the gags during the ceremony yesterday, but I'm not sure if Cali and Erin heard them as they were practicing their own.

Erin: Are they funny or just witty?

Steph: The first one is clever, the third is very similar to what Marc does during weekly worship.

Cali: Like using the lyrics to "YMCA" as a replacement for the phrase "no man is an island"?

Steph: Exactly.

Abby: I thought it was kind of Sarah to offer Julie and I up-front seats for the ceremony as part of the "wedding crew".

Steph: I think Marc had something to do with that, as he's seen it done at other weddings he's officiated.

Erin: Cali and I are supposed to be involved in one of the processionals. Matt B., where did you or Marc decide to place us?

Matt B.: Dang! We planned out both of them literally to the second and didn't account for the two of you when determining the spacing and timing. Gonna have to ask the good chaplain how we might want to adjust one of them so you're in it.

Katelyn: Which means I'll need to know if there are changes so I can address them during the getting-lined-up portion.

Steph: That will take care of itself. Enough business for now. 

Cali: Abby, has your roommate divulged where she and my brother are going on their date, because he hasn't told me anything?

Abby: She picked Carini's La Conca D'Oro, which is a Sicilian restaurant not far from our neighborhood on the east side, for dinner. After that, I don't know what is planned.

Katelyn: Any luck yet in getting his roommate and your teammate together, Cali?

Cali: I introduced them to each other after the scrimmage on Thursday. Whether either takes up the charge to follow up on it remains to be seen.

Around the same time as the students were commiserating on-campus, Marc and Ally were having a quiet meal together at Café 1505, an intentional time for the two to connect before they would be separated for a large segment of the day.

Ally: Anything you're worried about at the moment?

Marc: Not right now, but I am pretty sure there will be some concerning thoughts popping into my head once all of you are at Bonhoeffer and we get closer to showtime.