Chasing The Brass Ring

Opening meetings for all of Trinity's athletic teams were held this evening across campus. Highlights from a few of them:

* Jamie led the women's volleyball team through a lengthy discussion of the 24-match schedule and how she viewed herself utilizing all 15 players on the roster over the first three weeks of the season, when they would play ten matches in the span of 19 days before settling into a predominantly Wednesday/Saturday match schedule over the following six weeks. Elise Tyson offered a short pep talk on what she believed the team could accomplish this year, not the least of which was the number one seed in the NACC tournament, with which they would have an easier time defending their conference championship. Jamie took over again and read off the three groups (each consisting of five players) for team bonding, then released the players to cavort among themselves.

* The women's soccer team's meeting consisted of Ally assessing the first week of practice and laying out how she was planning to deal with Amber Bryant and Emily Bowman's suspensions and who would theoretically be replacing them in the starting lineup. Cali and Erica brought up some memories from last season (both the good AND the bad) before Brenda split the players up for team bonding (Cali had the forwards and goalkeepers, Erica the defenders, and Amber the midfielders).

* Sarah used her team meeting to talk over how the women's lacrosse season would play out, as Spring semester classes would not begin until January 25th due to the addition of Winterim at Trinity. Players would be allowed to move on campus on January 10th, with the 11th being the opening day of practice. Their opening match would be on March 3rd at home against Beloit, with the Promise Cup game against Concordia-Ann Arbor on the 6th. The team's Spring break trip would be to Minneapolis, where they will play Hamline on the 13th and Augsburg the 16th under the dome at Edor Nelson Field. The Thunder are scheduled to play the University of Chicago and Washington-St. Louis on the road while hosting St. Mary's of Indiana to complete the non-conference portion of the season. Lauren, Sam Mueller, and Erin each spoke for a minute or two on their expectations of the players during Fall semester, then read off their lists of players for team bonding, along with those assigned to Steph Lafleur and Kristie.

* Jill Logan spent the women's field hockey team's meeting informing the players of her sit-down with Deacon Schmidt and what the two of them have planned for getting the Midwest Field Hockey Conference off-the-ground in time for the 2021 season. With nothing else on the agenda, Jill let her players go for the evening, which allowed her to head home to New Berlin at a reasonable hour.

***

Cali and the soccer team's forwards and goalkeepers were gathered in her and Julie Koerner's room, with the junior co-captain choosing FMK as their icebreaker.

Cali: Since I don't think we have anyone in this group with delicate sensibilities, there are no rules aside from one. If you are unsure of a person's orientation, they must be presented with options of both men and women. With that said, I will call upon Emily to get us started. Aaron Rodgers, Alex Morgan, and Kris Bryant.

Emily: A-Rod is a bit of a man slut, so I'd kill him. Sleep with Alex and marry the Cubs hottie.

Cali: Very good. Your turn to torture someone.

Emily: Jordan, you seem the quiet type, so let me give you these three. Rob Gronkowski, David Beckham, and Donte DiVicenzo.

Jordan: You're right, I AM quiet when it comes to the men of the species. I think I'd like Beckham's money enough to deal with the public intrusions that would come with being his missus. Donte and I would probably make for a good bedroom match, which means Gronk's muscles and AMP-fueled persona would get the heave-ho. Should I put my bestie on the hot seat or let someone else do it later? I'll let another one of you corner her. Soooo.....Bianca, your choices are Elena Delle Donne, Kristie Mewis, and Julie Ertz.