6

It was soon to be the twins' birthday, and the marauders were planning a surprise party for them, as they have told them they don’t really like celebrating their birthday. But of course not celebrating was a no no for the group, on the other hand Remus didn’t think making them a party was such a great idea.

“I still don’t think we should do this…” Remus looked at his friends who were planning the party in the common room.

“Don’t worry Remus, they are going to LOVE this party!” James in general was excited to see the twins' reaction, the reason why this whole party had to go well was unknown to his friends, and him as well. He just knew that this party HAD to go well.

“Well there has to be a reason as to why they don’t want to celebrate their birthday! What if something is wrong on their birthday?” Remus looked down at his hands. Yet he was right, there was a reason as to why they don’t celebrate their birthday. And that whole reason was because on their 11th birthday something bad happened. That day was the day their mother was taken away, the twins never knew who took their dear mother, but one thing is for sure, they will never see their birthday as a day to celebrate anymore.

 That day was the day their mother was taken away, the twins never knew who took their dear mother, but one thing is for sure, they will never see their birthday as a day to celebrate anymore

The twins were in the courtyard trying to keep their mind off their upcoming birthday, yet it was pretty hard to. Both siblings were laying on the green grass under the nice shade the tree was giving them. Liam was lying across Ellies legs while the girl sat against the tree while with one hand holding the book she was reading, and the other hand in her brother's hair. Both were trying to think of something other than their birthday, and of course Ellies mind wandered to James, and her potential feelings for him. A voice interrupted her thoughts

“When are you going to admit you are falling for him?” she looked down to her brother who had his eyes closed, but knew she was looking down at him.

“W-what do you mean?” the girl of course knew what he meant but tried to sound as if she didn’t understand him so he wouldn’t bring it up. The boy then opened his eyes and stared deep into Ellie's eyes, which is something that the Greys often did that made people nervous. Something about the Greys eyes made people feel small, and powerless, like their cold silver eyes had some sort of power over them.

“You know what I am talking about, this whole situation with you and James” he sat up from where he was laying and sat next to her. Ellie still looked at his eyes, knowing she had the same power over people he does, yet not the same power over him so he could let the matter go.

“Yeah I do...I just don’t really want to talk about it right now, you know? I don’t even think he feels the same way, he is always talking about Lily Evans and whenever she is near he leaves me alone just to go up and talk to her….” Liam looked at his sister who had tears forming in her eyes. He had no idea that James was doing this, he had no idea that James left his sister alone at the sight of that Evans girl. He could feel his blood boil at the thought of James leaving his sister all alone, when he supposably “fancied” her.

“You mean he still leaves you alone when Lily is around just to go and flirt with her?!” The boy was upset but tried to hide his frustration and anger. While Ellie knew he was upset, yet she didn’t know why this information, which isn’t new, frustrated him.

“Yeah he still does, just yesterday when we were walking to class he left me alone with no warning, then when I set my eyes as to where he was going...I saw him flirting with Evans…” her voice started to die off as she just shook her head looking down at the grass, avoiding eye contact with her brother. She knew her brother could read her like a book through her eyes, she could do the same.

“And this was yesterday?” The anger the boy had been building up wasn’t unnoticed by Ellie, but she didn’t want to bother him with asking what was wrong, simply because when they were ready, they would tell eachother what was bothering them. The girl simply nodded as an answer, that is when Liam got up with no warning and walked towards the castle. Even with Ellie calling his name he still made his way inside. Where he would be having a serious conversation with James Potter.