7

The Marauders were planning the party in the common room and all was going well. James was the main one coming up with ideas but the others were still helping plan it. That’s when Lily Evens walked into the common room, the other marauders just ignored her since they found her pretty annoying. That is until James got up and walked towards her. That move made the rest turn their head to the two of them, they got even more confused when James started flirting with her, with Lily just smiling at him. The marauders mouths then formed into a frown and gave a disgusted facial expression to Lily who didn’t seem to notice such as the fact that she was looking at James. They all didn’t like Lily, some of that hate came from how much James talked about her, the rest of the hate they had for her came on how annoying she was and how rude she was to the twins, a lot more ruder to Ellie Gray who was one of their best friends.

“I don’t get it! Doesn’t he like Ellie?” Sirius asked with a scowl on his face. Sirius might be stupid when it came to his own emotions, but when it came to his best friends he knew what was going on. Remus and Peter just stared at the two who were flirting with each other in shock, yet furious with James' actions.

“I don’t get it either. Honestly I would much rather have him date Ellie rather than Evans...she is really rude to the twins, and to Ellie in general.” Peter kept looking at the two interacting, he had no idea as to why James was acting this way.

Remus just shook his head in disbelief, and just started thinking on how James was handling this whole Ellie and Lily thing. That is when his thoughts were disturbed by Liam who barged into the common room. He looked angry, furious. Which scared Peter and shocked Sirius and Remus. James then turned his attention to Liam who took him by the arm and dragged him to where the rest of the marauders were sitting. Taking him away from Lily, who seemed offended and angry that Liam dragged James away. She huffed and left the common room.

“What’s your problem!!!” James stared at Liam, then he looked at his friends for backup but they seemed to be on Liam's side.

“Well maybe the fact that you have ignored Ellie to hang out with Evans!! Maybe THAT’S my problem!!” the rest of the guys just looked at James in disbelief. Sirius scowled again at James. Which made Peter and Remus also scowl at James while he looked confused as to why they were mad at him.

“Why are you guys looking at me like that?” looking baffled he looked at his friends for answers. Obviously didn’t mean to ignore Ellie and leave her, he honestly thought she would be fine because she never said anything about it.

“You ignored Ellie to be with LILY!?” James was taken aback from how Remus was reacting, since he has always been calm about things. Truth to be told, he did like Ellie more than just a friend, he just isn’t completely sure since he has liked Lily for the longest time.

“M-maybe? I didn’t mean to! I thought she would be ok…” his voice lowers into a whisper but still loud enough to hear.

“Well you did! I thought you liked her!” Liam’s face softened a little but still said it with a sharp voice so he would know he was still upset about the whole thing.

“I don’t know! I-I like Lily, but I get butterflies when Ellie is near..” He looks down at his feet while rubbing his face in frustration. This whole situation has made James really confused about his feelings towards the two girls.

“Well don’t lead my sister on unless you are sure you like her! I don’t want to see her hurt again!” The silver blonde boy had a point, he had to decide who he truly liked. Lily is smart, pretty and ‘kind’. On the other hand there was Ellie, who is calm, caring and gentle. Another thing James has yet to notice is that the feelings he felt when he was around Lily weren’t as strong anymore, but he still felt something, it might not be much but it was enough to confuse his feelings towards the girls.

“Ok I won’t” those words didn’t really reansure the boys well but they had to trust that James would do the right thing.

 Ellie was left alone and confused as to why Liam had left so suddenly, she wondered as to why he also sounded angry when she mentioned what had been happening with James and her

Ellie was left alone and confused as to why Liam had left so suddenly, she wondered as to why he also sounded angry when she mentioned what had been happening with James and her. Despite that she stood up and also headed inside and started walking towards her common room when she was stopped by a redhead.

“Gray! I need to talk to you” the ravenclaw stopped in her steps and turned to look at the one and only, Lily Evans. 

“And what is it that you need?” the ravenclaw asked with a curious look. 

“I was wondering about James! I wanted to know if you liked him…” she had a stern face in her. Ellie didn’t know what to say, why did she want to know? It was really none of her business.

“If I liked him wouldn’t matter since he has an interest in you” the ravenclaw looked annoyed with Lily, not only because of the question but because she knows very well that James “fancies” her. As well as the fact that Lily isn’t so fond of her or her brother and has been very rude to them on many occasions.

“Oh but it does matter, because your feelings towards him can make him change his feelings towards you” while this was true, Ellie wanted him to change his feelings because he fell in love with her, and not because of something else.

“I don’t have time for this” and like that Ellie left the scene and headed towards the ravenclaw common room, leaving Lily in the middle of the hall with a smirk.