9

When Ellie got to the Gryffindor common room, she said the password (which her fellow marauder friends told her and her brother) and went inside. When she got inside she saw that her brother and Peter were playing chess, while Sirius was just trying to make them lose their concentration out of boredom. That is when Sirius saw her, he immediately went running towards her.

“ELLIE!! Finally you are here! I was so bored!” He hugged her so tightly that she was almost out of breath. In her opinion, James and Sirius must be the most childish ones in the group while her and her brother the most quiet ones, Peter the ‘monkey’ since he just goes along with what they do, and Remus the reasonable one.

“Sorry for being late Pads…” she said in a low voice. Although Sirius is pretty clueless about people's emotions and his own, the fact that she was down was as clear as daylight.

“Hey what’s wrong? You have been offly down these past days..” Sirius was just like an older brother, even if she had one already. And Sirius saw her as his little sister, same with Remus. So it would be natural for them to protect her and for them to see what’s wrong with her, just like Liam.

“I'm fine...have you noticed James ignored me completely all week?” with that Sirius eyes widened as if he didn’t expect her to say that. He honestly thought that James would do the right thing. So he came in thought as to what to do.

“Hey are you ok sis?” they looked behind Sirius and saw Liam and Peter standing there looking concerned.

“Well turns out James has been ignoring her..” that is all it took to get them mad, even PETER got upset with this. He personally saw Ellie as an older sister with great advice rather than a younger sister. So he was also quite supportive and protective of her even if it came to a problem with James.

“WHAT?!” the two boys said at the same time. Liam was the one that showed more anger in his expression, but you can tell that Peter was also angry and upset.

“Y-yeah umm he keeps ignoring me and just goes to talk to Evans” she has never seen her friends so angry at someone before, their expressions almost scared her. That’s when they were interrupted by the painting opening letting two figures enter, which they then identified as Remus and James.

“Oh how nice of you to join us prongs!” Sirius says sarcastically with a stern face. James immediately knew what was about to happen by the look of worry on his face, while Remus awkwardly went to sit on the couches opposite of James.

“Yeah mind telling us why you have been ignoring our dear friend?” Peter spoke up, which surprised James knowing well that he never spoke up for anything, telling him that he must have really messed up. As well as the fact that Sirius who was like a brother to him was also mad, since he rarely got mad at him.

“I-I umm I have been uh..” He had no words come out of his mouth, he had no idea why he did what he did...the reason towards his actions was unknown to him. Just like his feelings towards the Redhead and the Silver blonde.

“Why are you ignoring me James? Did I do something to you or what?” The sad expression of the girl made James feel really bad about the whole thing. He felt his heart hurt as he saw that she was close to crying. The thing was, that he never saw her cry before, maybe it was because she didn’t cry in front of them or because she was never really upset about things, but she was close to crying and that was all it took to make his heart break a little.

“I-I...the thing is….t-that I…” he had no explanation for his actions, and the boys also noticed Ellie was about to cry, which made them more mad and upset at James. They remember clearly that they have told James to do the right thing, but instead he went ahead and continued to ignore her.

“Did you even have a reason to ignore me? If you didn’t want to be friends with me you should have told me!” she had tears running down her face, and her heart sank, if he didn’t have a reason to ignore her….then she would do the same. There was no point in trying to talk to him if he was just going to ignore her, so she would just ignore him back.

James just looked at her, he looked down at his feet and started thinking fast about what to say before things got uglier. But this does get uglier…

“You know what...I don’t  care anymore...if you are going to ignore me and pretend I don’t exist, then what is the point in being friends with you?” and with that she turned her heels and left the common room.

“I am leaving too….i’m sorry guys but this is why we didn’t have friends in the first place…” Liam left with a sad expression. Leaving the rest to acknowledge what he said.

“If you had just chosen the right thing, this wouldn’t have happened! Did you not notice we don’t LIKE Lily!? Did you not notice how mean she was to the twins!? She hates them as much as we hate her!” With that, Sirius stomped off with anger and fume coming out of his ears. He has never seen his best friend this angry at him.

“You really messed up, and for what? Lily isn’t our friend, the twins were!” Peter followed after Sirius but with a sadder expression. All who were left in the common room was Remus, who will soon leave too.

“I really messed up didn’t I..” the boy with messy hair looked at him from where he was sitting. 

“Why did you do it? I know you have a reason” the boy with glasses thought about his answer. Until he had it, he did what he did because he didn’t want to ruin his friendship with her, he didn’t want to fall for Ellie anymore than he already had.

“I just don’t want to ruin our friendship just because I ‘fancy’ her…” the boy with messy hair just scoffed and shook his head.

“You already did, would you rather risk ruining your friendship with her knowing she might feel the same way, or would you rather risk losing her friendship altogether by ignoring her more?” Moony had a point, he would risk his friendship either way, one was just better than the other one.

“I guess knowing that she might feel the same...but I don’t think she will like me after the way I have been treating her…” He was right, she might lose her feeling towards him. But lucky for him, she hasn’t, in fact they have been growing with desire.