Chapter 16

Clarke's POV
(Before the fight)

I was jumping from tree to tree quietly. A couple of miles from my bunker cave, when I heard footsteps and moments later I smell Lexa's scent. I watch her walk "I need to find Clarke" she mumbles to herself. This again I thought.

Eventually as I am about to leave, I hear more heartbeats. I hear their thoughts, they want to capture Lexa. As I watch the fight, Lexa is winning so I don't see the need to help her. Even though I want to help. A man kicks her down. He is about to kill her. All I see is red as my beast takes over.

(Skip to last man)

I quickly snap the necks of the other 2 men and I stare at the man with rage. He tells me to stop or he will slit her throat. I become enraged at this.

I blur to him, careful of Lexa, and pin him to the tree. I smile and relish his struggles. He tries to plead me to let him go, but all that comes out are his moans of pain. Good I thought with an evil smirk. No one dares touch what is mine. I decide I want to drink him and so I did. After I drained him, I turn around see lexa, my beast is letting me take control again.

I start over towards her, but she backs away. It feels like someone is stabbing me in the heart. I knew it she thinks I am a beast, a monster and she's right. I think sadly. I blur away ignoring her call to me.

I am sitting in a tree about ten feet up and half a mile away from her. I dry sob thinking I have lost my mate, my one true happiness. I am so much in my wallowing that I don't hear a twig snap.

Lexa's POV

I start to go in the direction the wind blew in. I walk for about 10 minutes, when I hear sobbing. I look around, but there is no sign of anyone. I look up and see Clarke. I smile, but it turns into a frown when I see that she is crying. I am surprised that she didn't hear me, she is probably crying, lost in her thoughts, that she can't hear me. "Clarke" I see her freeze and tense up.

She looks down and sees me. I see a scared expression on her face. She hurriedly stands and is about to flee. "Stop, wait please Clarke" I say to her she looks at me and then to the forest ahead, and finally back at me.

She sighs and jumps down off the tree. Her head stays down as she wraps her arms around her. I then realize that it's because she think I will reject her as a mate. This is not the confident woman that I had been with days ago, but a scared person, almost animal like. She told me that vampires have stronger emotions than humans do and can leave them vulnerable to extreme emotional situations. It hurt me to think that I was going to reject her, I never would. I get out of my thoughts.

I look into her eyes and see that her beast is still in a little control. I step towards her and she takes a step back. It hurts when she did that. "Hey Clarke can you look me in the eyes please?" I ask her gently. She does and I give a small smile. "Clarke I'm sorry about what I did, I didn't mean to back away from you" I say to her. Her head goes to the side like a confused puppy.

I need to get Clarke back, her beast is in control still "can you come back to me Clarke" I say as I make timid steps to her. I watch her back away as I held my hand up towards her. I watch as she backs into a tree and I advance. I put my hand on her face. I watch in fascination as her eyes close. She purrs like a cat and when she opens her eyes they are back to her usual ruby red eyes.

She takes my hand and pulls it down. She drops my hand. "What do you want now?" She asked in a distant voice. I look down at the ground for a moment.

I want you, I know you are my mate and want you to come back with me. Are all the things that pop into my head.

I look up at her "because there is a summit for the sky people and I am sure they wish to see you" I say to her. She laughs a cold laugh. "Oh little thing, they think me dead" she says with a closed off voice. I stare at her with shock, I am about to ask why but then she answers my unasked question. "They would've never left me alone and it was the only thing I could think of, so I compelled Bellamy that he saw me get attacked by a bear and I died" she says with sadness in her voice.

I stare at her with sadness "you didn't want them to know" I said. She shook her head. I want her to come back even though she wouldn't be able to come to the summit. "Clarke can you please come with me to Polis as my guest" I said to her. Hoping she would, I need her with me.

Clarke's POV

She tells me she wants me to come to Polis. I think about it, I need to say no, but I can't. I slowly nodded my head. Lexa lights up, she beams with a smile. "Ok, thank you" she says with relief in her voice. "So when do we leave" I say as I see the sun set. Lexa looks at the sunset "we need to set up camp and leave for Polis tomorrow morning" she says. "Ok little thing" I say with a smirk. She turns back to me "is that terms of endearment because we're mates" she says but immediately realizes what she said.

I freeze and just stare at her. She looks shocked, but doesn't want to take it back. I regain my composure "so how long have you known little thing" I say as I blur a foot in front of her. She stutters, it's cute. "I have known since I had time to think about it in Polis" she says a little timidly as she looks at the ground. I smile and have an idea.

I grab her and push her up against the tree. I use my speed and grab her hand. I pin them above her head. I look at her "well well well little thing looks like I have you now" I saw with a smirk. I see excitement and anticipation in her eyes. I leaned closer until my lips were against her ear "Lexa, I have missed you like crazy" I said. I watched her shiver in delight. I let her go and her stomach growls.

I smile at her and tell her I know a near by cave we can stay at. She agrees and I pick her up bridle style and run there.

Sorry I haven't been posting lately it's been chaotic with my last year of high school.