Chapter Five

Can had promised to give her birthday gift to her that night, so after everyone had left and all the kids had gone to their rooms, Can led her to her spot in the garden. Sanem loved to sit out here under the stars, and when it was just her and Can, It was even more special. Before he had a chance to tell her about her gift, she made an announcement herself, " Can, babe, I think I want to come back to work at the agency. The kids are all going their separate ways and Duman is old enough to take care of himself now, so I think it's time." Sanem looked in his eyes, her fingers gliding through his beard. That gesture that always made him weak, was so full of love. " Besides I think I would like to spend a little bit more time with you, do you have any objections." She asked..

" Objections?" That would be absurd. I think that's the best idea you've had, but are you sure you're ready to return." Can remarked, pulling her close to him. She smiled, " I'm sure I want to be with you more, I'm sure I don't want to get bored here at home. But if you like to be separated in the day, then I can find someplace else to work." She replied, batting her eyes at him. " Uhh, I don't think so Mrs. Divit, I don't like being away from you at all, so......when do you want to start."  He whispered, his lips brushing past hers. She felt those butterflies, and the shiver of excitement, " I don't know,....you're the boss." Her eyes beckoning him. Can cleared his throat and moved back, " Oh, I almost forgot about your gift, and that might have some bearing on when you come back to work." He reached into his pocket and brought out a paper, " This is an itinerary of our second honeymoon, I think the kids can stay alone here for a few weeks, and Dad and Mihriban are right here along with your parents." Can smiled at her. She read the list on the paper, "first stop...Rome for a week, then on to Madrid, Spain to catch a connecting flight to Guayaquil, Ecuador. From there they would fly to San Cristobal Island, Galapagos. Her eyes filled with tears, was this for real, had he booked them a trip of a lifetime.

She hadn't expected anything like this, and he knew he had given her the best gift possible. "Well, what do you think, are you up for it, Mrs. Divit. I think it's time, don't you." She closed her eyes, and thought back to the night in the pier in Agva, and how he had been surprised she wanted to go to Galapagos to write. " Yes,...I do and think it's time. Do you remember the night on the pier, when I first told you my plans for my life?" She laid her head in his shoulder, " You were not in those plans that night, but right now I can't Imagine my life without you." He stroked her hair with his hand, " I remember all to well that night, and I think I knew that night that you would be forever in my heart." And after almost 25 years, you still fill me with wonderment.".... So, I thought we could take Ates to Naples, get her settled there, then we could go on to Rome, then from there we would start the second part of our life together." He kissed the top of her head, wondering what his life would have been if he hadn't stayed to take over for his Dad. He knew he would have never gotten married, especially to Polen. His life would have been lonely and empty without her, and the kids. He smiled, " But he did stay, and his life is full of love." He closed his eyes letting the smell of her surround him,...that smell he could never get enough of. That desire for her had reached it peak, as he led her to their bedroom, " My beautiful wife, I have the best part of your birthday gift right here, just us alone. Shall we get a head start on that second honeymoon." He slid his hand down her body, shedding the dress that she wore and leaving it in a heap on the floor. She smiled, her body ready to welcome him, " I think that's a good idea." She replied, as she felt his muscle flex at her touch.....yes finally, this was definitely  the best part of her birthday.

The next few days were hectic, getting every one started in there classes, and the schedule lined out for Yilly. She had insisted on working at the agency part time while going to school. She did have quite a talent for the advertising business, and Deren was glad to have the help, with all the new business coming in. Yilly reminded her of Sanem when she first came to work there, so full of ideas and each one so unique. Yilly wanted to take the agency and make it the best in Turkey, not just Istanbul, that wasn't good enough, and she had the talent and drive to just that. Aziz had  taken her under his wing as she was growing up, instilling in her, all the qualities that it would take to run the company one day. Can was most proud for being so strong willed and independent, not letting her inexperience become a factor, she had always been far more advanced for her age.

The news of their parents trip came as a surprise to them, but they were happy for them. Yilly probably the most, because that meant she would have control of her two brothers, something she delighted in, but they dreaded. Her excitement was short lived, after finding out that grandma Mevkibe would be coming to stay with them for that time. " Mom, Dad, I am more than capable of taking care of the house and the boys while you are gone, so there's really no need for grandma to come. It will be an in inconvenient for her, I know." Yilly told them, so self assured. They knew how much she loved to be in charge, but it wasn't always in the best interest of her brothers, " Yilly, you mother and I have made the decision and that's the way it will be. Grandma is more than happy to come stay with you all, just to make sure you all are fed properly." He watched her face take on that pout she always had when things didn't go her way. 

Deniz was the least affected by the decision, he hadn't planned on being around much anyway. His life would be consumed with his studies and basketball, and of course, Asli. She was a very important part of his life and he wanted so badly to tell his parents what the two of them had been talking about. His plans for the future were solely involved with getting through the first year of school, and if his grades where good enough, there was a possibility he could work in a firm under an apprenticeship as he finished the out his schooling. If all that fell into place, he would ask Asli to marry him and they would start their lives together. They had it all planned out, down to the place they wanted to live, but it all would depend on him and how hard he would apply himself for that apprenticeship. And then there was convincing his parents they were ready for marriage. Duman on the other hand was relieved his grandma was coming, living under the watchful eye of his older sister wasn't something he wanted to do. 

So the trip to Naples had been set, and Ates had met all the necessary requirements that were required for the school. She was so excited to take on this adventure, living out the dream that her mother had had at her age. She too had started writing about their lives when she was very young and had continued to that day, pouring out her heart into a notebook just like her mother.  She hoped she could be half the writer her Mom was, as she read through the many notebooks her Mom had filled over the years since her and her siblings had been born. 

Her eyes clouded with tears as she read, all her mother had gone through just to bring them into the world, all the troubles her parents had overcome for their love. That deep true love that no one could break.

She prayed for a love like that in her life......