Chapter Twenty Six

The news of the new addition to the Divit family had met with much joy, and Ates was so glad she had come home just in time to hear it. Once again, that overwhelming need to come home had found it's reason, it was to hear this news first hand. When Duman arrived home the next day, thinking he would have the news of the year to tell the family, he was met with the much bigger news. The surprise meeting of Yasmin in Izmit and the fact they she had been just as excited to find him as he was to find her, had made a big change in Duman's life. Their meeting and dinner had lasted well into the night, with each of them feeling like they had never been separated. She told him about her parents divorce, and her Dad moving to Bursa for his work, leaving her mother there alone to deal with a broken heart. She also revealed about her failed relationship that she had invested 2 years of her life, just to realize she really didn't have the same feelings  for him that he had for her. A hard lesson to learn, that filling a void with just anyone, is not really filling that void. Finding Yasmin, had indeed been the turning point in Duman life. Everything that had been ordinary in his life, had all of a sudden, seemed to be the most important. He was sure it had all happened for a reason, and he wouldn't be letting go of her again. So for the next weeks to come, he spent every day off in Izmit, trying to convince her to come back to Istanbul. 

Ates had a very successful book signing in Athens. The few days she spent at home with her family had recharged her, giving her that desire to continue on with her passion. The next stop on her book tour, would be taking her all the way to Australia for a two day event. This was the farthest she would have ever been away from home, but the words that her Mom had told her stuck in her head, " We are never far away if you keep us in your heart." So the trip to Australia had turned out to be the most exciting two days of her life. Bedir always had a person setup to escort and oversee her visits, wherever she travelled, and Sydney, Australia had been no exception. When she arrived there, she felt so out of place. This country was so different from Turkey, and she was always terrified of the language barrier, but as she exited the plane, she saw a tall, extremely handsome man, holding a sign with her name on it. No, she thought, he can't be my assistant here. The thought of it made her head spin, and that feeling of a thousand butterflies took flight inside her. 

As she walked towards him, he smiled at her, a smile that she couldn't explain, even with the gift of being a writer. She returned the smile, and much to her surprise, he spoke to her in her native tongue. " Ms. Divit, my name is Oliver Anderson, and I will be taking care of you while you are here in Sydney." She stared at him blankly, just for a second, then smiled, " You speak Turkish, how wonderful." He nodded, completely taken back by the beauty of her, " Yes,... thankfully. I believe that's the reason I received this assignment." His eyes not being able to look away from her. He reached for her bag, " I'm a huge fan by the way, maybe I could get your autograph in my book." Smiling at her as her ushered her toward the door. All of a sudden being away from home wasn't a big deal anymore, she was more than happy to be where she was. They seemed to be like old friends, as they talked nonstop on there way to the hotel. In a car ride across town, she had learned more about a person than she ever had, and she had revealed almost her entire life history to him. They were completely at ease with one another, and eager to learn more, which they did, spending as much time together as possible over the next few days.

 This would turn out to be the life changing event in Ates Divit's life......the time and place where she would find her destiny......

The phone call came from Bedir on the last day there in Sydney, " Ates, I have some wonderful news for you, there was been an invitation for you to come to New York. They have setup a series of signings and speaking engagements there for you. And they would like you to be there in 3 weeks." She sat speechless with the phone in her hand, this had been her mothers dream, to go to America, but for her, it had never happened. Had she heard correctly, they were asking for her, " Ates, are you there, did you hear what I said." Bedir repeated it again. She took a deep breath, " Bedir, I'm not sure if I'm ready, maybe it's to soon." Her heart sitting in her stomach. " Trust me my dear, you're ready, and don't worry, I will have a entourage of people to accompany you, so you won't be alone. They had never enter her mind, how she would manage the language. The arrangements had been made, and who was she to dispute what Bedir had done. He was the one person that had made her dreams come true. She was feeling the hurt of leaving Australia, and Oliver, that morning as she packed her bags. This was just her luck, she found someone that felt like, "the one" and Bedir whisks her off to another country. 

He had made plans for her to fly to Naples and take care of her house there, and then a surprise trip to Istanbul, for a visit with her family before she left for the United States. The tour could be a lengthy one, maybe a month, so he knew she would want some time before the trip. The goodbye at the airport with Oliver, was much more than a "thank you for a job well done" goodbye, it was a " I wish I didn't have to go" goodbye. With them both visible feeling the effects of their time together. What neither of them knew at that time, was Bedir had requested that Mr. Oliver Anderson be part of the entourage going with Ates to New York, as her assistant. And he was to meet her in Istanbul to travel with her to the United States.  

Did the Divit triplets have a special something about them, that uniqueness that allowed them to follow their dreams and find what had been destined in their lives. It seemed they did....Can and Sanem were themselves, leading the best life possible. As they cuddled together that evening, in a house that had been reduced to just theirs. Can was ready for that transition, a transition from a house full of demanding babies, to a house full of nothing but the love they had for each other. Sanem softly stroked his beard, " Can, we have been deserted by our children, do you feel it." Her voice quivering as she spoke. He smiled, "It would seem so, but you can be sure that I will never desert you." He slid his hand down her body that was so familiar to him. They both needed nothing more than a touch to awaken that unwavering desire for each other, as he took her hand, leading her to their favorite room in the house.

Deniz and Asli had yet another surprise for their family, when his mother called them to tell them Ates was coming home to visit again, before traveling to America. But they decided to wait until she was there. 

It would turn out to be the night that would change the lives of not one, but of all the Divit children........