Chapter Eight

The next day was more of a dream than reality, with them slowly drifting along, just skirting the edge of the small island of Floreana. This island is home to the Flamingo and to green sea turtles. Sanem was mesmerized by the large number of sea turtles that lived along the shoreline. They spent half of the day there while Can took hundreds of photos. Then they continued on to the largest island, Isabella. They lounged on the deck of the yacht, watching the birds fly from place to place, displaying a fantastic aerial show. Sanem had never dreamed she would actually witness such an amazing thing in person, let alone on the deck of a luxury yacht. As they anchored for the night, just a short distance from Isabella Island, the crew prepared their dinner. It was a romantic dinner, set on the top deck of the boat, it was a dinner fit for royalty. Can had definitely out done himself, " Well, hows your trip so far," he asked her, she sighed, " it's a dream, and I don't want to ever wake up. Thank you for planning all of this for us." With the dinner finished and the table cleared, they stretched out on the deck chairs, to watch the stars. She felt she couldn't be happier, if someone had told her this was what her life would be one day, she wouldn't have believed them. 

The next days were filled with one adventure after another, as they visited each island, and made love under the stars each night. She had abandoned her feelings of uneasiness, determined to make this her trip of freedom. Can had welcomed this change, this release of her fears and hesitation. They spent the most time on Espanola Island, the nesting home of the Albatross. She was enthralled by the huge bird, unable to make herself leave. The first vision of the massive nesting site brought tears to her eyes, " Can, this is more  than I could have hope for, you have made my dreams come true." She wrapped her arms around his neck, feeling as if nothing more mattered in her life but this moment. They took the small boat back to the yacht at the end of the day. Their lives had been recharged, they had connected again as one,  molded together  again. She knew the trip was nearly over, and they would have to return home, but this would forever remain in her heart as their time of renewal. The time they were lost to one another seemed to be in a different dimension, so far from where they were now. She truly believed things happen for a reason, and that time in there life happened so they could arrive at this, a true deep love, meant to be by destiny.  " They Were One Soul" 

The thought of going home was bittersweet, part of her never wanting to leave this place, and the other missing her children and home. " My love, we will return, there's nothing to stop us. We can stay as long as you want next time." Can said, pulling her close to him. The need for him was so much stronger here, she couldn't pull herself away. His lips electrified her, as he let his mouth glide over her skin. The touch of his tongue on her neck awoke every sense inside her, and she excepted him. The love they shared on that yacht had been different, more intense than ever before, " Can, let it be like this for the rest of our lives" she whispered, as he picked her up in his arms and carried her to their bed. As always, he loved to remove her clothes in the most ceremonial way, reveling in the process. She stood before him her eyes fixed on his, as he slowly made her body turn to a willing and eager participant. The touch of his hand as he slide it down her back left a trail of heat that burned through to the core of her. This would be a night that may well be unmatched, as his desire for her took her to a place that made her want more. They laid in each other's arms, breathless and fully content sometime later in the night, "Can, you have satisfied me like never before, promise me we will be like this forever, promise me you will always love me like this."....His answer came without words, but she got the message loud and clear..

Mevkibe had loved taking care of the kids, Duman was the one that kept her company, with Yilly and Deniz off doing their own thing. Yilly was studying at the university library most of  the time, and Deniz was at practice or with Asli. The month had passed quicker than she wanted, she wasn't ready to go home. Can and Sanem would be home the next day, and everything would return to normal,....without Ates. Duman had already written her several letters, with returning a reply almost instantly. She was settling in, making friends and she loved the school. But that was as it should be, your children finding themselves and their passions. The return home would be hard for Sanem, she missed her daughter. They took a taxi home from the airport the next evening, instead of asking Emre to pick them up. They had arrived late and the ride home would take some time, Can watched her as they rode along, " My beautiful wife, we will get through this. I miss her too, but you knew we wouldn't have them forever. Just be happy for her." Sanem knew he was right and she was trying, " I know, but right now it hurts, maybe if I call her in the morning it will be better, I just need to hear her voice." Can smiled, " Me too, so first thing in the morning."

Everyone had stayed up waiting on them to arrive. Duman was the most excited to see them. He hadn't been away from his parents that long, ever. Yilly was anxious to give them  the report of all the happenings, and Deniz was just glad to see them. " You mean you didn't bring Ates back home with you?" Yilly spouted. " I can't believe you left her there Mom, I didn't think you would." Sanem smiled, " I didn't want to, but this is what she wants.  I respect it, just like I would respect what you want to do." She patted her cheek, " You have to let go." Everyone was ready for a good nights sleep, and for their lives to return to normal, so they all said their good nights. 

Sanem couldn't sleep, as she thought of Ates, and hoped she was ok. She had wanted to do the exact same thing when she was that age, but never had the means, so it made her proud that her daughter was strong enough to do just that. " Stop thinking bad things Sanem" her inner voice told her, " She's your daughter, smart and capable, everything will be fine." For once she wanted to believe her inner voice........but it still didn't keep her heart from breaking. The next morning before breakfast, they called her, " Ates, my love, how are you?" She asked. " Mom, it's wonderful, terrific, it's more than I thought it would be." She said, not letting her know how homesick she was for her and her family. " I'm so glad honey, so your classes are good, you're making friends?" She asked her. Ates swallowed hard, " Oh yes Mom, everyone is so friendly here, and my teachers are great,....but I do  miss you." She replied, her voice cracking with emotion. Sanem and Can stayed strong, " We miss you too, but you will be fine. Just think of the adventure you're having." Her Dad said, holding back the tears. She talked to the rest of the family, and telling Duman how much she was enjoying his letters, " I love them Abi, please don't stop writing to me, and I won't stop either." After promising she would try  to get home for her grandfather Aziz's birthday, they hung up. Sanem felt like a weight had been lifted, she still needed her, she hadn't flown away to another country and forgot her family. Can smiled, " See she misses us as much as we miss her." He kissed her on the forehead. 

Sanem grabbed her notebook and took her place in the garden, writing and thinking of how her life had once again taken a change. How her heart was hurting, but yet so happy at where she was.

" One thing would never change." She thought, " The love for the man that never forgot her....