Splitting Up

(Flare POV)

Once Missy reached the door, she put the key inside and opened it. "Come on! Let's go!" Missy shouts and we follow behind her, once we were all out Missy shut the door and locked it. "Wheels, how much time do we have?" Missy questions. "18 minutes." Wheels says. "Then we need to hurry if we want to stop the takeover." Missy says. "Us? Are you nuts. We have to go free our parents and let them handle it." Wildcard says. "No! There's no time for that! By the time we get there they-" Missy was cut off by Wildcard. "No! I'm through listening to you. When I woke up this morning everything was perfect, and then you come along and everything's a mess. If Little Miss No-Powers is who you want as a leader fine, follow her straight into Alienville. But Face-Maker and I are gonna go get our parents." Wildcard says. "We are?" Face-Maker says. "Yes. Right now." Wildcard says. "Guys, we have to stick together." I say but they walk off. "Guy!" I whisper shout again. "What can you do? Some people are just-" Missy was cut off by Wheels. 

"Forget him. We need to get to the rocket so I can stop it before it launches." He says. "How are you so sure you can do that?" Missy questions. "Because everything the aliens build is super intuitive to use, almost like it was designed for children to operate. Get me close I'll turn it off." Wheels says. We then follow Wheels down many halls. That's it right there." He says as we turn a corner. "We're gonna make it after all." A Capella sings but we stop as guards appear. "Uh...No we're not." Fast Forward says and as we try to go back guards surround us. "Uh guys...What do we do now?" Rewind questions. "Missy? Why do you seem so calm?" Noodles questions. "Because we have something they don't know about, a secret weapon." Missy says. "We do?" Wheels and I question. "Yeah, teamwork! Alone our powers are special, but together we're unstoppable! Slo-Mo attack! A Capella eardrums! " Missy says and A Capella starts vocalizing making the guards cover their ears. "Rewind, Flare attack." Missy says and Rewind and I crack our knuckles and start attacking the guards. I then see someone grab Rewind and I kick the guard's back which causes him to drop Rewind and groan. I nod at him and he nods back. 

I then see Guppy in a shark frenzy and I light my hands on fire and my hair becomes surrounded in fire like my mom's. I start attacking the guards with Guppy. I then see Wheels turn on his wheels to their full capacity causing smoke to emit from his wheels. "Noodles, chin up bar." Wheels says and Noodles creates one and Wheels pulls himself up doing a handstand. Guppy and I stand back, my hair still on fire. "Go." Wheels says and his chair wheels forward knocking the three guards over like bowling pins. His chair then comes back to him and he sits back in it. He and Noodles exchange thumbs up. "Great job Wheels." Missy says and we watch as A Capella fights a few guards using her voice and fighting skills. "Go Pella!" I exclaim. Suddenly most of the guards grow their tentacles. "Ew." I say. They then grab restraints from the ceiling and I gasp as they are suddenly latched onto us. "Rewind!" Missy exclaims. "I can't." Rewind says. "We can do this." Fast Forward says. "How?" Rewind questions. "We work together. I'll help you." Fast Forward says and they combine their powers making us go back a few seconds. "Noodles, get those shackles out of the ceiling." Missy says and Noodles grabs them using his out stretched hand. "Now fast forward, quick." Rewind says and they fast forward to the moment where the aliens try to grab the shackles, when they find nothing we all giggle. When they try to step towards us they fall since the shackles were now on their legs. But the man smirks as he reaches for the keys. "Uh-oh." I say. Then Rewind and Fast Forward rewind and I grab the keys, then they fast forward. "Looking for these?" I question the man and he slams his hand on the ground in frustration. "Great job, Fast Forward. Excellent work, Rewind." Missy says and Rewind rewinds and Missy repeats her compliment to Rewind. "I just like to hear her say it." Rewind says and I roll my eyes as Rewind continues. 

After that we ran into the room, Wheels in front of us. "We only have 6 minutes left!" Missy exclaims. "Not a problem. Not a problem. All I have to do is reprogram the rocket's main contr-" Wheels was cut off as a force field formed around the pyramid. "What is that?" Rewind questions and Wheels grabs something and pokes the field causing it to shock and fall apart. "A force field?" Wheels questions. "No, no, no, we were so close!" Missy says. "But there's no one here but us." A Capella says. "Who did this?" Noodles questions. "I did." Ojo says and we turn to her. "Ojo, did you just talk?" I question her. "I could always talk. I just chose to observe and listen instead. And what I heard was chaos, dysfunction, disharmony, just like your parents." Ojo says. "But that's not true. We were working together." Missy says and we all nod. "Were you? Then where's Wildcard?" Ojo questions. "That's a good question. Hey Wildcard old buddy, are you in the ship's control room yet?" Missy questions. "I sure am, just like we planned old buddy. Great job with the flames by the way Flare." Wildcard says and I smile. "Thanks Card." I say. "You were working together?" Ojo questions. "Surprise! Missy even sent him on a secret mission. Isn't that right Wildcard?" I question. "Yep! And when the team leader, along with your best friend tell you to do something, you hop to it." Wildcard says. 

"Since when did you accept Missy as the leader?" Ojo questions. "Since the tunnel...Since she and Flare told me you were an alien spy." Wildcard says. "Ojo's an alien spy?" Rewind and Fast Forward question. "Yep." I say. "Ojo's a spy." Missy says. Tentacles then sprout from the back of Ojo. "You knew. How'd you figure it out?" She questions with a smirk. "You accidentally gave it away in one of your own drawings. Your art never lies." Missy says and I nod. "You work for Granada don't you? Or does Granada work for you?" I question. "They all work for me." Ojo says. Suddenly Face-Maker runs in and see Ojo's tentacles. "What the- Ojo's an alien." Face-Maker says. "We know." We all say. "And now you can be impressed...and defeated, as soon as I figure out which one of these buttons removes the shield." Wildcard says. "Knowing the aliens, it's probably a big button with a picture of a shield on it." Wheels says. "Oh!" Wildcard says and the shield goes down. We all cheer. "I hate to spoil your celebration, but there's still two minutes left." Ojo says pointing at the timer. "Game's not over yet." Ojo says grabbing her stylus and she starts drawing.  We hear snarling and suddenly whatever she drew came out of the tablet and my eyes widen. "Uh-oh." I say as it becomes bigger then screeches at us. "We'll hold it off! You find a way to stop the launch." Missy says to Wheels and he nods. Go time.