forty two.

"I still don't know if I believe it," Draco said to her. Ana was laying on his chest, tracing her finger across his black button down, revelling in the feeling of his muscles underneath her touch. Draco was staring up at the ceiling with his brow furrowed, enjoying the feeling of Ana, very much, but still not entirely convinced that this was not some lucid dream or that he was going insane or something.

Ana propped herself up on her elbow and hovered over his face, watching as he turned his gaze to her. It almost made her completely stop breathing, just to see his eyes trained on her again. She had dreampt of this so many times, wishing for just one glance in her direction. It nearly made her eyes fill with tears to see him gazing up at her, but she blinked hard, letting a goofy smile creep across her lips.

"What on Earth do I have to do to convince you?" Ana asked, tracing a finger along the collar of his shirt and grazing the skin on his neck. Draco shivered hard and let his eyes close, an audible groan coming from his chest as she touched him, so gently. When he opened his eyes, Ana was looking down at him in love, biting her lower lip and smiling. Draco furrowed his brow, taking in her appearance, so lovely and surreal above him.

"Hmmm..." Draco murmured, his voice filled with light teasing. Ana watched as a grin turned up the corners of his mouth and she immediately let out a laugh, so elated and pleased to see him smile. Draco turned and stared at the ceiling again, contemplating what it would take for him to truly believe that she was alive. Ana studied his side profile, his pristine jawline and perfectly sloped nose. Draco thought for many moments before he settled on a solution . He was worried, terrified even, that the second they left the Astronomy Tower she would just dissappear, having been a figment of his imagination, brought on by a room that held so many memories of her.

"If we walk out of this room and you're still by my side...then I might believe it," Draco whispered, turning to her again. This was an easy request for Ana, as she knew that she would not evaporate the second they walked out of the door. So she chuckled, shaking her head at him in disbelief. She sat up from the floor, tucking her hair behind her ear. Even when Ana moved to stand, Draco did not move an inch, still laying on his back on the floor, his arms behind his head. He didn't want to leave, as he was scared that she would dissappeared once they did. He laid below her, rooted in place by fear, even when Ana outstretched a hand to him.

Draco was looking up at her, pale and horrified. He was scared, deathly scared, that if they walked out of the room, Ana would be gone. But she gazed down at him in love and talked to him in a soft whisper.

"Trust me," Ana said with sincerity. Draco hesitated, not wanting the moment with Ana to end, as he was so sure it was about to. But he got up, rather shakily, and took her hand, clinging to it with an iron grip. Because maybe, if he held onto her tightly enough, she would stay.

The floor no longer rumbled, the explosions no longer lit up the sky. The battle seemed to be over, and Ana didn't know what was going on. As she turned to walk out of the door, she no longer saw the sky lit up by war, no longer witnessed the bright flashes, weapons of magic, shooting back and forth outside. It was a dark and rather serene sight out of the balcony of the Astronomy Tower. Ana was wondering if they had won, if Harry had defeated Voldemort while she had been laying with Draco, trapped in his embrace on the floor. Ana hoped so, so desperately, as everything else felt so right and so calm around her, now that Draco was by her side again, exactly where he belonged. But Draco knew more. He had heard the Dark Lord's voice in his head, his orders for his followers to stop attacking. Just like in the Great Hall, Ana had not heard Voldemort, as he had not entered her mind like he had with everyone else. Ana was oblivious to the words that Voldemort had whispered, and didn't know what was happening now, as Draco had not mentioned it to her. He hadn't told her what Voldemort's voice had said, hadn't even reacted when it had entered his psyche, even though it terrified him. He had simply stayed quiet, basking in the glow of Ana's precense. Because he hadn't wanted to ruin the moment with her, didn't want to be interrupted as he reunited with the girl he loved so much.