twenty two.

Ana opened her eyes reluctantly. She was having such a sweet, innocent dream. She vaguely remembered blonde hair and silver eyes, staring at her in her mind's eye. She sighed, rolling over, expecting to be met by those same eyes, sleeping next to her. But when she opened hers, she saw an empty bed. And it wasn't Draco's bed, it was her own. Draco must have used whatever magic he had used before, when she was transported back into her bed the morning after she had snuck into his dorm on previous occastions. She was disappointed by waking up without him, until the memories of the night came rushing back. She blushed heavily, remembering Draco's soft moans in her ear, the rhythmic motion of his hips. She wished that she was still in his bed, as she would undoubtedly have kissed him some more, drank in his scent, and tangled her naked body in his all over again. But now she was clothed, as Draco must have dressed her. The red curtains of her Gryffindor dormitory loomed over her and she saw Hermione through the darkness. She was sitting up, which Ana thought was strange.

Ana had still been half asleep until then, but now she was wide awake. She looked out of the window above her bed and saw nothing but a black sky and dark grey clouds. It wasn't morning. It was the middle of the night. She had no idea what time it was, but she was wondering why on Earth she was awake, and why Hermione was up as well. But soon, the reason Ana had been awoken was clear. She could hear screaming coming from the Gryffindor common room. She shot out of bed right as Hermione did, both of them running feverishly down the stairs, clutching their wands.

"Ron!" Hermione screamed. They had come up upon a battle between three Gryffindors lingering in the common room and two hooded figures, who were throwing curse after curse at the young, teenage wizards. It was Ron, Neville, and Ginny. Ron was shooting curse after curse at the men, turning over his shoulder to look at Hermione in a panic. Flashes of blue and green light shot through the open air, back and forth between them. There were a gaggle of other students, whizzing past the open door to the common room, screaming in terror. Ana rushed down the stairs with Hermione close behind, her breathing practically stalled. Terror lurched through her when she got a closer look at one of the men. He was tall, overly hairy with sharp teeth and greasy hair. Ana immediately recognized him from the attack on The Burrow. These were Death Eaters.

"Expelliarmus!" Ana called out, pointing her wand at the hairy man and flicking it. His wand shot out of his hand and Neville took the opportunity to stun him, although the man quickly regained his composure, grabbing his wand again.

"Reducto!" Hermione threw out at the other Death Eater, who blocked it, turning towards the first man. Ana and Hermione joined in the fight quickly, the five of them putting up a great display of power.

"He's not here," the hairy Death Eater growled to his friend. Ana presumed that they had come into Gryffindor tower in search of Harry, who was absent. Ana wondered idly where the hell Harry was as both Death Eaters ran out of the common room, narrowly missing a curse that Ginny threw their way and a multitude of other blue flashes, one of which coming from Ana's own wand.

"Come on!" Neville yelled as the Death Eaters retreated. Ron ran over and grabbed Ana and Hermione's hands, leading them out of the door into a sea of other Gryffindors, who were running out feverishly, a flurry of screams coming from them, especially the poor first years. Two black swirls of smoke were flying just overhead, making all of the students cower down to the floor and scream. Ana ran with the others down the corridor, who were evidently running from the invasion of Gryffindor Tower and were going in the direction of somewhere safe, but she had no intention of going with them. She had to find Draco. In the gut wrenching pandemonium of the corridor, Ana could think of no one and nothing but Draco.

"Ana! Where the bloody hell are you going?!" Ron screamed in horror after her as she wriggled out of his hand that was still grasping hers and turned around, going in the opposite direction of the crowd. Hermione tried to run to Ana, but she was pushed back into the throng of panicking Hogwarts students, screaming Ana's name at the top of her lungs and pushing back on the bodies that propelled her forward. She watched as Ana shoved though, a panic running through Hermione at the sight of her best friend's back, running away from safety. But Ana had made her choice. She kept running against the tidal wave of students, desperately shoving and shoulder checking them to get through. Some of them screamed at her in anger and fear as she shoved past them, but she ignored them all. She didn't care if she was going the wrong way; she had to get to Draco.