forty five.

The first thing Ana did was find Draco a wand.

The Death Eaters were descending savagely, attacking everyone in sight. At the news that Harry Potter was alive, many members of Voldemort's forces had run away out of fear, leaving the Dark Lord with a swindled supply of soldiers. But it was still a harsh fight, as the Death Eaters were hungry, thirsting for blood.

Ana watched the chaos around her, shooting at random Death Eaters all around. She stunned one of them as her and Draco ran into the center of the Great Hall, who flew back and crashed against the adjoining wall, then tumbled to the floor. Draco was still at Ana's side, and she did not remove her hand from his, even when another Death Eater, a dark haired man with a long beard, lunged towards her. Ana deflected the curse shot at her from the man's wand and flicked her own, disarming him. Ana leapt up and caught the man's wand immediately, handing it to Draco who whipped it, just in time to defend himself against a flurry of spells being shot at him from none other than Bellatrix Lestrange.

Bellatrix was in a frenzy, shooting a plethora of spells at her nephew. She did not, surprisingly, try to kill Draco, but she did tell, "Traitor!" at the top of her lungs, right before she was crashed into by a flurry of black spoke, another Death Eater flying feverishly towards the ceiling. Draco's parents had fled quickly after they witnessed their son's betrayal, but Bellatrix had stood strong, unable to leave Voldemort's army out of pure loyalty. Draco watched as Bellatrix hurried to her feet and turned, running to another part of the Great Hall, out of sight.

"Ana!" Draco exclaimed. He was struggling with a male Death Eater, going back and forth with the man, but he caught sight of someone running towards Ana out of the corner of his eye. Ana turned and immediately whipped her wand, sending the attacker flying.

The fight was long and arduous but Anastasia Prince was enjoying every single second of it. After watching the first half of the Battle of Hogwarts from afar, she was eager lend a hand now, proud of herself for how well she was fairing, and even more proud of Draco, who never left her side. In the flurry of duels and spell casting, Ana's heart swelled. Draco had proven her right, for the final time. Draco had chosen to fight with her, by her side, and showed his alliance to Harry Potter himself, the second that Draco had launched his wand across the yard, in aid of his enemy. Ana and Draco were, in themselves, an army, because they were a hard match to beat. Every Death Eater that came their way was instantly subdued by either Ana or Draco, sometimes at the same time.

Ana saw Neville run out the Great Hall out of the corner of her eye and turned, watching his back as he retreated with the Sword in Hand. With the chaos, the fighting, the loud crashes and battle screams, Ana let a smile stretch across her face. She knew, for a fact, that there was only one Horcrux left. And Neville Longbottom was running off bravely, with the Horcrux killer in his hand. As Ana continued to fight, fending off black clothed men and women and still holding onto Draco with her free hand, she knew that the war was soon to be won.

They had been fighting for what seemed like hours, and Ana and Draco had not left the center of the Great Hall, a place where the battle seemed to be most concentrated. Draco had sweat across his brow, his white hair plastered to his face. He had several cuts on his cheeks from the fighting, but those simple flesh wounds make no difference to him. Ana was still energetic and happy to be in the fight, but she was growing tired, her breath coming out raspy as she continued to fend off anyone who came her way. But suddenly, while Draco and Ana both had their backs turned, Ana was crashed into, deliberately, by Fenrir Greyback. For the first time since the battle had started, Ana's palm was disconnected from Draco's as she was shoved to the ground.

Ana grunted loudly as she fell to the floor. Greyback looked ravenous, his sharp teeth chomping at her from above, his huge body holding her in place. Ana had her arm up, pressed into Greyback's throat, trying to defend herself from being literally eaten alive. Greyback elbowed Ana, hard and with force, right in her temple, and Ana screamed out.