3. The slammer

" so... Magie uh?" chuck asked breaking the silence between you two

"Umm yeahh " you answered a bit distreacted.

"Wow you're lucky you remmember your name! it took me almost a day to remenber, and ...you kicked alby in the balls ahahaha that was amazing!

"I klunked twice in my pants before they got me out of the box" he continued

You smilee at him he couldnt be more than 12 years old... who would send a kid to a place like this??

You saw smoke coming out of the place were alby told you the kitchen was

"What's that?? What are they doing in there???

"Ohh! Frypan is cooking a lot of food for the bonfire today, its in your honor to celebrate your first day!" He said excited

"Really?"

"Yeah! we always do it, it's for... you know calm down the new ones and get a chance to meet the rest of the gladers."

"Cool "you said- cool couse i want to talk to minho the keeper of the runners, i want to be a runner

_____________________

It was competely dark now you were sitting down on the mastress chuck helped you get into your "room"

You laid down and stared at what apperently was going to be your room in the glade

It was small, but confortable and warm and ...private.

you were trying to imagine the conversation you were about to have with minho so you wouldn't sound stupid, because you really wanted to become a runner

"Hey minho remember what yo told me .... that i could be a good runner... i- i- i actually want to be one so... when do i start??"

Yeah like if that didn't sound stupis he's going to laugh in your face

Your face ....you realise you didnt even know the way you looked... there where no mirrors in there

You looked down and saw that you were wearing light brown jeans, boots and a blue shirt. You couldn't see your hair ,son you touched your head, it was in a ponytail ,you undid it and you notice your hair on your shoulders, it was blonde. While you were touching your hair, you noticed you were wearing earings, you took one off to se how they looked like and saw a golden daisy. Cute -you thought andn then you thought maybe it was someone's presnt... someone you couldn't remmenber ... maybe your grandmother.. or your mum, or a friend....

You could smell the food that frypan was cooking for dinner , you stood up and realiced there were a few tears coming down your cheecks you cryed while thinking about your lost memories.

You whiped them off and stud up you oppened the door and walked out of your room to see the glade for a while, it looked beautifull at night... you thought it will look scary but it didn't. there were different spots with small fires and boys eating , driking and laughing next to the fire . There was a big fire in the centre of the glad were most of the boys were.

You realise you were starving so you decided to go get some food

Right in tha second Newt knocked on the door, you let him in.

"Hey Maggie! are you hungry??

"Starving ,whats for dinner ?it smells really good"

"I dont know lets find out but first .. "you saw newt was carrying a box

"Here this box had your name on it, we supposed as you are the first girl here it must contain .. you know ..girl stuff"

"Ohh great!" thak god because you had no clean clother or blankets or ... tampons... pretty sure there were tampkns in the box

Newt drooped the box inside your room and cheked out how you had fixed it to make it more confortable

"Wow that's awesome you're going to sleep better than anyone here!"

He smiled at you and somehow he made you feel confortable and ... safe

"Yeah i hope so... at least it looks warm"

"Sure, talking about warm you should grab a jacket or something or you're going to freez tonight in the bonfire it's really cold when you get far from the fire"

"Uhmm i dont have any"

"Here "newt said "take mine "

You put it on it was a bit oversize but it was warm "thaks "you said

"It's nothing, let's go i'm starving too"