Chapter 51

Morgan sat up slowly, weakly. She was lost, confused, and trying to figure out where she was, which wasn't helped by the fact that she was blind. She clutched her head, the magic hangover was more pressing to her at the moment.

Loki didn't know what to do or say. So apparently his mouth decided to start talking without his consent. "How are you feeling, Morgana?" He asked tentatively. Seriously? That was what his stupid mouth decided to ask without his consent. Stupid mouth.

"I feel like I'm hungover, even though I haven't had any alcohol. And I'm exhausted, but alive, so that seems an improvement-" she answered him automatically. Her eyes widened and her hand fell from her head as her unseeing gaze turned to Loki. Her eyes were wide and bright with shock. "Loki? But... how? Why?" She asked, confused and wary. She was half-convinced that she was hallucinating.

"Breya took over as queen of Jotunheim," Loki explained gently. He didn't want to overwhelm her with information when she had nearly died.

She seemed to accept that tiny snippet of the story, but obviously wouldn't leave the matter there. "Why are you here?" she asked him, guardedly, warily, remembering their last interaction all too well.

Loki knew he wouldn't be forgiven easily. Still, he had to try. "Amora and I brought you to Asgard. You used up a lot of your power and needed to be healed by my mother," he explained.

It was the truth, but it wasn't the answer Morgan was looking for. She glared at him. She would get the answer she needed. "Stop avoiding the question, prince," she told him, her voice filled with cold anger. The use of his title was a slap to the face and Loki knew it. He actually flinched at the word. He had expected her to be pissed. That didn't make it easier. "Why are you here?" She demanded, her rage cold around her. "You were clear the last time we spoke that you want nothing to do with me,"

Her words hurt, but they weren't untrue. Loki had fucked up. Majorly. "I wanted to make sure you are alright," he said softly, picking at his hands nervously while he spoke. "I never said that I didn't want anything to do with you. I said it wasn't safe for you to be with me." It hadn't been safe for her, not when Loki couldn't control his Jotun abilities. He could now.

Morgan sighed heavily. "I'm fine," she replied softly. Though she was far from fine after what she'd been through. "Thank you for your help," she added, her words and face emotionless and distant.

Loki sighed and started to stand. She didn't want him. Of course she didn't after how he'd treated her. "I will leave you be then,"

Morgan just nodded, expecting nothing less and pulled her knees to her chest, her arms wrapped around them, hiding her tears by burying her face against her legs.

Loki couldn't bear to see her like that. He bowed his head. "I'm sorry, Morgana," he told her softly, though the words weren't going to be enough. He knew they weren't. "I never meant to hurt you. That is the last thing I would ever want,"

She lifted her head, turning her unseeing gaze to him. "I understood that you were scared and ran," she said softly. "I could understand and forgive you for it, for everything. Until you demanded the locket back-" she shut her mouth then, not sure if it was even worth the effort of discussing it with him. She didn't think he would stay, or that he would want her, not after how he'd treated her on Jotunheim. Hell, she wasn't sure she was willing to give him another chance after that.

"I took the locket to keep you safe. Not even Asgardians can survive on Jotunheim. I did what I had to in order to ensure you would stay safe,"

"You knew why your mother gave it to me," she reminded him, then sighed and shook her head. "It doesn't matter. It's done and that vision's over,"

Loki sighed. "You're right. And you are safe now. That's all that matters."

Morgan didn't know what else to say. "So... what now?" she asked softly, afraid of the answer.

"You, Thor and I will be returning to Midgard. Now that you are awake, we should get you back to your father." Loki knew that Tony would be worried sick about Morgan, for good reason.

Morgan sighed and nodded, moving to stand from the bed. Her clothes were stained and torn, but she made no move to change them, or summon her cane. She was too low on magic, but she's unsure of Loki and didn't think he'd let her touch him, or help her. "Lead on, then," she said softly, her arms wrapping around herself in her discomfort and how unsure she was. She could follow his footsteps or something until they met up with Thor.

Loki looked her over. "Let me help you," he said gently. When she warily nodded, he used magic to change her into clean clothes and summoned a cane for her. He wouldn't invade her personal space, but he would give her all the help he could.

She still squeaked in surprise, unused to his magic being around her anymore after how long he'd been gone. "Thank you," she said softly when she realized what he'd done.

"Of course, Morgana. Come. We should get you home,"

She nodded and took a couple of steps to catch up with him. She reached out for his arm automatically, but pulled her hand back at the last moment. "Sorry," she mumbled, hanging her head. She'd forgotten already.

Loki, however, was elated with this development. Perhaps there was hope after all. "You can touch me," he reassured her, moving his arm to her hand. "I will happily be your guide again if you wish it,"

Anything. He'd give her anything he could, especially his help. It was the least he could do for her after how poorly he'd treated her.