Chapter 50

Thor nodded his agreement with Loki's words about Morgan's premonitions. "Mother also believes that Morgan's premonitions are stronger and more accurate because of her blindness," he agreed. He paused, then added gently: "Wanda decided that if Morgan was having visions of you, then you were still alive. She decided it best not to fret about the rest as long as you were still alive,"

Loki chuckled. "That sounds like Wanda," he said fondly. He adored his adopted little sister and magic student.

Thor laughed and stroked Morgan's hair absently. The pair were clearly close and had gotten that way in Loki's absence. "That it does. I'm surprised she hasn't somehow found out you're home and snuck her way here. I'm sure mother will send word to her once she's gotten enough sleep," Frigga also adored Wanda and treated her like an adopted daughter whenever Loki brought her to Asgard.

Loki had yet to move toward Morgan. He wasn't sure of his welcome. Wasn't entirely sure Thor would let him. He didn't deserve to be anywhere near her after how he'd treated her, after what he'd done to her. Thor noticed and stood. "I best get to the Bifrost to escort Wanda here, I'm sure she's on her way," he teased. He moved to leave so Loki could be alone with Morgan.

Loki tensed up for a moment, but relaxed when Thor accepted him and somehow knew exactly what he needed. Loki nodded and gave his brother a grateful look. "I will be here when you return," he promised Thor and moved to take a seat in the chair next to Morgan's bed.

Thor nodded and headed out to collect Wanda, even if he had to go back to Midgard to get her. It wasn't terribly long before Loki was tackled out of the chair by Morgan's bed. "Starshy!!" Wanda cried as her arms wrapped tightly around his neck. As always, she addressed him as 'older brother' in her native Sokovian. It was a term of endearment and Loki adored her for it.

He laughed as he crashed to the floor, , using an arm to brace his fall automatically. He wrapped his arms around Wanda, his magic was in effect keeping her safe from his cold. He'd learned to control his Jotun abilities while he'd been on Jotunheim. "Hello, sestra," he said as he held Wanda tight, addressing her as his little sister as always.

Her arms remained tight around him as if afraid that he would disappear again if she loosened her grip on him. "I missed you so much," she managed to keep from wailing as she held him too tightly.

"I missed you too, little sister. More than words can say," Loki replied gently and stroked the teen's hair. He hated having hurt her.

"Why did you leave us?" She asked him, tears in her eyes and in her voice.

"To keep you safe from me. I didn't have enough control over my Jotun abilities and I was a danger to those I care about,"

Wanda thought that over and nodded as she curled herself in his arms. "We were worried," she finally said. She understood that he'd had to leave, no matter how much she'd hated it and how much it had hurt.

"I know, sastra. I apologize for worrying you so much. I never meant to hurt you," Loki told her gently as he held her. He absolutely loathed how much he'd hurt everyone around him, especially her and Morgan. He didn't deserve the family he had, especially with how much they clearly loved him and how much he'd hurt them.

She nodded again, her head buried against his chest. "Don't leave us again like that. we love you too much, starshy," she begged.

"I love you too, sestra. So much." He hugged her tightly, his finger running through her hair soothingly.

She eventually relaxed in his arms, easy to forgive him since he was back and safe. "Morgan said you were ruling Jotunheim?" she asked him, too curious as usual