VI - There's No Way.

I like storms. They let me know that even the sky, screams sometimes too.

You touch me and it's almost like we knewThat there will be history between us twoWe knew someday that we would have regretsBut we just ignored them the night we metWe just dance backwards into each otherTrying to keep our feelings secretly covere...

That there will be history between us two
We knew someday that we would have regrets
But we just ignored them the night we met
We just dance backwards into each other
Trying to keep our feelings secretly covered
You touch me and it's almost like we knew
That there will be history
-There's No Way by Lauv and Julia Michaels.

THIS COMMISSION WAS TOO EASY. Ambrosia had already met three florists, two caterers and a few electricians. Her job was practically done!

It was barely the end of June. She had about six months left to do a task that would take three. She needed more work.

"Yoongi!" She yelled into the intercom, lying upside down on her new bed. She couldn't help but admire how pretty her toenails looked after the mani-pedi Jin gave her.

"Yes ma'am?" her secretary rushed inside, clutching an arsenal of things she would normally ask for. Teabags, an extra stylus, a spare phone charger, survey sheets, copies of contracts with various partners, teacups.

"Get me another commission," she ordered, eyes fixated on her tab.

"Couldn't have prepared for that now," Yoongi sighed to himself, "But, Miss-"

"No buts. I need a wedding."

"Yes, Miss Kang."

She rolled over onto her stomach, staring at her fingernails, once again, compliments of Kim Seokjin. White and matte. He was really spoiling her lately. She was glad to have finally found a friend.

Pampering aside, she was livid. She hadn't received an offer in the longest time. Normally, her inbox would be flooded with prospective commissions, but now, it was empty. She had a stinking feeling Yoongi was the cause of that.

Boredom was her worst nemesis.

Whenever she was alone, that stinging feeling of emptiness would return, like there was something that was missing from her, but she didn't know what.

Her heart would scream, pulling itself apart along with her entire chest. The void would begin to eat away at her mind, slowly drowning her in a sickening numb feeling.

She hated it.

And that's part of the reason why she worked her ass off all day, all night.

If there's no time to breathe, there's no time to get bored, right?

Tossing a few loose pieces of her hair over her shoulder, she ran her tongue over her teeth.

Her mind autopiloted back to a week ago.