XIII - Tomorrow Tonight

So I pour another shot and I pretend that it's your lipsChase you down another round until I taste your whiskey kiss-Tomorrow tonight by Loote

Chase you down another round until I taste your whiskey kiss
-Tomorrow tonight by Loote.

THE ROYAL SECRETARY nearly soiled his briefs.

In his years and years of service, he'd never seen the prince that severe. The demand he made—it shook the secretary to his core. He still remembered the prince's voice, giving him goosebumps.

In his daily attire of a white shirt and black slacks, he looked as put together as Jeongguk remembered that morning, but his face told a different story. He was detached. That light that made the Prince of Sykaria the nation's beloved, it shone brighter than it ever had, almost burning the young secretary.

His eyes had gone cold, steeled in a stern set. He'd never seen those before, so detached from emotion.

He was proud of his prince. Undoubtedly. He wanted to see his role model succeed, to take back what was so savagely snatched from him.

But he knew this was nothing short of a herculean task. It would take every little piece of Jimin's being to achieve. The two of them fighting relentlessly, a battle that would never truly end.

Still, it would be worth the struggle. He certainly deserved it.

He desperately needed to talk to someone about what he'd just witnessed. But how could he? The prince had trusted him with a secret he was sure even Jin didn't know of. And Jin knew everything.

Ambrosia walked beside him, the unlikely duo heading to the local art store to replenish the prince's recently depleted stock.

"I haven't seen the prince since last week," she began, "Any clue where he's gone and buried himself?"

"Well, Miss Kang," he lied straight through his teeth, "his schedule has been tighter than usual. You know, with the coronation being in barely four months."

"That's true," she mumbled, unsatisfied. It was still unlike him to vanish without a call or text.

Oh well, she thought to herself. She'd done the exact same thing a couple of months ago. Maybe this was his late onset payback.

It was August, and the Sykarian monsoon had reached the pinnacle of its ruthless wrath. It rained in sheets now, the ground always soaked, the air always damp. Ambrosia relished it, every moment. It was reminiscent of her childhood, the weather indistinguishable from what was once her home, all those years ago.

This had to be her favourite season of the year, the smell of wildflowers forever imprinted in her memory. Except the humidity that made her hair frizz up, she had nothing to complain about.

The prince's secretary opened the door for her, letting her into the passengers seat of her new car. Disgruntled and muttering curses at the young man, she got in. She absolutely abhorred having things done for her and they'd even had this argument before, copious amounts of abuses flying each way, but she'd finally agreed. When it came to stubbornness, Jeongguk was her only true match. He would drive, against her adamant wishes.