Chapter 51: Alien plans

“What are your plans, Admiral?” said the Commander.

Around them the bridge crew went silently about their business, constantly scanning their instruments and watching the monitors that showed them multiple views of the space around the ship and the planet itself. There was an air of excitement both in their actions and the occasional hushed conversation.

For a moment the female did not reply, seeming lost in thought. 

“Very soon,” she said finally, “we will have the location of the primitive’s planet.”

“And then?”

“First we wait to see whether Irvn and his gang of outlaws return. If they do, we will either capture them or destroy them. If they don’t, we will set course for this new planet.”

“And when we find it?”

“We fulfil the purpose for which this and our other ships were built: we return home with our hold full of female primitives. And once we have informed our people of this planet’s co-ordinates, no doubt all our ships will be committed to regular cargo runs.”

“How will these women be distributed?”

“That is not for me alone to decide,” said the admiral. “Our ruling council will determine what is to be done with them. But nothing will happen until exhaustive tests have been conducted.”

“And the purpose of these tests?”

“I would have thought that was obvious, Commander,” replied the female mockingly, “to determine whether we can successfully breed from them. That was, after all, our plan. The last thing we want is to bastardise our race. If the offspring meet our genetic standards, then we will have found the solution to our planet’s problem.”

“And if they don’t?”

“Then other uses will be found for them,” she paused briefly, then added: “Once they’ve been sterilised.”

She turned away from the Commander and, raising her voice, addressed the whole bridge:

“Well, men, I’m sure some of you heard what we have just been discussing. How do you like the idea of a primitive female for each of you? Not quite the same as one of us, I grant. But better than nothing?”All heads turned towards the admiral.

Wide grins split the faces of many, but some seemed more cautious, showing little or no reaction.

© Adriana Nicolas 2014