✨FORTY-SEVEN ✨

The morning is as assured as the tides and just as unstoppable. She needed a few more hours of blackness. Not to sleep, but to prepare, to pour her thoughts out onto a page, reorganize, prioritize and pack them back in again. But she saw the chaos is her room, the dark ragged outline of the dirty clothes on her dresser, papers scattered in bits, gift sprwaled over the bed and some even beneath her, which were poking her. She made a disgusted face and opening the eyes fully just like the creak in the sky that was now parted letting the sun shine bright and full.
The first thing she did was to call her father. The phone ringing with Sana's name flashing in the wee hours was enough worried her father. He received the call in one go.

"Good morning papa" she greeted as she heard the sounds from the other end.

"Good morning beta......is everything alright, are you fine... Is Maa okay" he bombarded her with the questions and she just kept mum.

"Papa, everyone is doing good and everything is fine.....you remember you said call me whenever you want to come....."

"Yes beta" he could hear her long breaths as if she was trying hard to speak the words. They seemed the heaviest and the most difficult words. But it was to be done, for her.

"I want to come papa...Can I?" she exhaled as she announced her decision in one go. He understood that her reason for the decision was the same that was for the stay, but what he didn't know. Listening to her gloomy sound he didn't have the heart to let her be there.

"Of course baccha you can come kab aana hai tell me"

"aaj"

"okay....I will get the tickets"

"okay papa....bye....I will see you soon" and she hung up. She sat there for few minutes trying to speculate her decision.

She wanted this for herself. She wanted to be a independent person with a goal in life and she wanted to make her parents proud. Overnight, love can't be unloved. She still loved him and she knew she will forever but he didn't, and it was painful for her to see him and Sheena on a regular basis, the way she dreamed herself with him. She did not have the strength to see someone else live her dream. So she decided to change the dream. She saw the gifts and smiled. She never realized she had a ring in her fingers until she was infront of the mirror brushing her teeth.

"yeh ring?" she never had that ring earlier. After rinsing her mouth and cleaning her face she went to Maa to ask about the ring.

"Maa....yeh ring kisiki hai...phle maine kabhi nahi dekhi or kal tak thi bhi nahi....abhi achanak subh dekhi maine aapki hai" showing the ring to Maa she questioned. Maa was also seeing the ring for the first time and she was also unaware about it. But by her explanation, she knew who gave her the king. The last person to see her was Sidharth, and would be him only. But she promised him that she would not tell Sana about him coming. So she just said that it was hers.

"Han beta meri hain.....kal main tujhe dene aayi tab tak tu so gayi thi toh maine pehna di.......kaisi lagi" Maa lied and she was guilty at that, but a promise is a promise and she can't break it.

Sana smiled brightly. "Its so pretty Maa.....I love this....ab main yeh hamesha apne pass rakhungi"

ab main yeh hamesha apne pass rakhungi"

It was a beautiful gold knot ring. Sidharth, when buying this ring liked what it symbolized and he in no second got it for her.
This ring looks like two ropes woven together the strength of the two ropes, combined with the imagery of eternity found in the ring and love found in the two strands joined together, makes this knot ring a powerful symbol of the strength of love and fidelity.

He wanted to assure her, no matter what and where she was they will be connected with invisible rope of eternity. When he made her wear the ring last he promised her that.

"Maa.....I want to tell you something" Sana said after jumbling her thoughts. She had to tell Maa, and it would be a shock for her she knew it, but it was to be told and definitely to be done. Maa hummed and she closed her eyes momentarily and said in a low soft tone "I am going to stay with papa, untill when I don't know but I will not return before the studies are over". Maa had a shock was a understatement. She felt she heard something wrong and she asked her again but when she repeated the same, Maa was angry and sad.

"Sana.......you don't take decisions in a day or overnight and what made you do this....when few days ago you were hell bent on not going.....what has gone wrong" she was little loud and Sana somewhere predicted this coming. Without discussing or talking to her, she just announced. She have to explain her and convince her. She back hugged her. "Maa....aapko pata hai I love you both so much. Aap bhi toh papa se door ho na aapka bhi man krta hoga na.....but kaam ki wajah aap yahan ho woh wahan hai na......Isliye main chahti hun kuch time main papa ke saath rahun.....unka bhi khayal rakhun jaise aap mera rkhte ho haina.....main bhi chahti hun woh mujhko pamper kare......maine aapko bahut pareshaan kar liya ab papa ki baari" she giggled with tears. Maa was still upset but she had a valid point. Understanding the situation she hummed and hugged her crying. She was going to miss her alot.

Her friends were informed about her departure when she received the ticket for the flight the same evening. She packed her belongings and unwrapped gifts. They were all sweet gifts, and fond memories she was going to take with herself but one of them caught her attention. It was like a diary, may be a scrapbook.She examined it know who gave it but can't find anything.There was no name or chit, but since it was with Shreya's gift she assumed it to be hers and opened it. Her face had wide smile as she saw her photo in the snow white costume.

"When the raindrops come tumbling, remember you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine

"When the raindrops come tumbling, remember you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine."

The lines filled her with a new energy and she felt refreshed. Closing at and keeping it in her back pack she left for the airport

At the airport she hugged everyone wishing them luck for the coming future and thanked Shreya for the scrapbook. Shreya was confused as she never gifted any scrapbook. She denied saying she didn't give any.

Sana had the scrapbook in her backpack. She took it out and showed it to her. Rahul was quick to know who it was from seeing the writing. It was Sidharth's. He elbowed Shreya and blinked his eyes telling her to say its her who gave it. She passed him a look but did as he said. All had tears as she checked in and left for Banglore.

Finally Sidharth let the tear roll down and let himself free to cry, while watching her from a distance when she was leaving.

As you walked away, my heart walked along with you.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Thank you for reading do vote and comment. Three updates and such a low response. Well its all your wish.

Be safe and be healthy.

Lots of love.