✨FIFTY-ONE✨

Three years have passed but nothing changed. Sidharth missed her more everyday and Sana still cried for his warmth every night. In these years she never went back, even to meet Maa, knowing she would end up breaking and her resolve would break. She didn't want to witness what her eyes nwver want to see, even in her dreams.

She got herself too wrapped up in the study, to enjoy herself. She was doing wonders with her intelligence. She would come home mostly with medals and trophies but she would be not happy, the way she should be. The happiness seemed half, it was complete but still there was emptiness to it, without sharing with him. She wanted to see the pride in his, and how he would hug her and kiss her after every victory even it was little. Her father did the same and she was reminded of him. He was just like her father.

After the evening face time with Maa that day, she never saw Sidharth, and Sidharth also didn't get to have glimpse of her. She asked Maa after few days of their little encounter,about him for the first time.

"Maa....woh sidharth us din kya kar rha tha?"

"woh toh hamesha aata hai.....jabse tu gayi hai tabse, he has been my only support.....woh roj aata hai sham ko and sometimes even stay here only", Maa narrated busy in work, Sana heart was weeping, knowing how much he loved her mother. She was thankful to him that he was there for her when she was away, and the love she had was just escalated a thousand folds.

"bahut payara bcha hai.....or pata hai I have seen him broken and sad but whenever he is in your room...I see the real smile on his face" Maa informed trying to dwindle the pain,her two children were facing, silently. She was in raptures. He was missing her, the thought in itself was so beautiful, that she cried happy tears after the call was disonneceted.

She screamed, and jumped knowing he stays in her room, he smiles there and he misses her.

*************

It was 12 in the night, when her phone buzzed disturbing her sleep. She had been upset, as it was her birthday and only memory she had of her birthday was Sheena and Sidharth. So she had slept early to avoid the pre birthday celebration her new friends have organised.

Grumpily, picking the phone and rubbing her eyes she mumbled "Hello"

"Happy birthday sweetheart", and before she could understand or say something the line was dead. She was wide awake as the voice processed. Her body was quick to recognize the most soothing and the sexy voice. "Sidharth" and a painful sob left her lips. Every year he would call her on her birthday at exact 12 and hang up wishing her, not giving her any chance to speak.

Sidharth on the other hand was shivering, of what he did. Every year he did that but he shivered everytime when her sweet rung in his ears. The sleepy voice of hers was more melodious.He repeated these words a uncountable times before calling her and wishing her. He felt himself unwind with her grumpy hello. He assumed she might be asleep and disturbing a sleeping and eating Sana was crime. He chuckled, knowing she would be cursing him for muddleing with her sleep.

*****

Everyone was gathered around Maa, as she facetimed Sana, early morning to wish her and surprise her with all her favourites together. As soon as she swiped up to receive the call, she was welcomed with the happy and beautiful faces, screaming a happy birthday. Sidharth was also present but he didn't let him picture in the frame he did not want Sana to be sad on her most important day. He has already ruined it once.

"Hayyee tum log sab ek saath kya kar rahe ho....", she was smiling through out and her smile was reflected on his face too.

"Hum log yahan maa se milne aaaye hai......yeh mat sochna tujhe wish krne ke liye hai yahan", Anshika teased and she laughed knowing very well that they were there for her and to make her happy. Her eyes looked for him, but he stayed hidden.