15| tears

Kenzie's POV

"Hey, could you grab a box of apple juice for me? Bring it to me outside, thanks!" My heart raced faster as I heard Daniel's voice and soon footsteps getting closer.

Daniel quickly passed me as he jogged towards the backyard door. I was hiding behind the kitchen counter, behind it was the sink which was next to the fridge.

Now for the hard part.

My heart raced faster than ever as I slowly crawled to the kitchen, trying to not make a sound. When I was a few feet behind him, I stood up.

This is it, Kenzie. Now or never.

When he turned around I gently placed my lips against his. I could feel sparks erupting from the kiss after a few seconds when he kissed back.

I repeat, he kissed back.

His hands slowly went around my waist as mine on his shoulders. His back was pressed against the fridge and I could feel him smiling into the kiss.

A small gasp left my lips when he unexpectedly turned me around and pressed me against the fridge, replacing his spot. He swiftly slid his tongue into my mouth as the kiss got deeper.

See, there were two things that I thought could happen when I kissed him. One was that he'd instantly pull away in shock and two was that he'd kiss me back. That's it.

I definitely didn't think that a make out session would happen.

His hands went under my thighs before I jumped and quickly wrapped my legs around his waist. He put me on the kitchen island as my hands went up his neck. He was standing between my legs and he moved to kiss my neck as I closed my eyes.

This is crazy.

I didn't even notice that someone went in the house from the backyard because I was too focused. It was like we were the only ones there.

"Where are they- oh fuck, I'm sorry!" We instantly pulled away and turned our heads towards where the familiar voice came from.

Daniel embarrassedly and quickly walked back towards the backyard door. We chuckled as he swiftly opened the door and walked out. He then leaned back in and kissed me again before we pulled away after a few seconds, both of us breathing heavily.

"I...I totally didn't expect...that to happen," I said as I tried to catch my breath.

"Trust me, me too." He said as he connected his forehead with mine.

A comfortable silence fell between us as his blue-green eyes stared at my deep brown ones. He cupped my cheeks with his left hand and kept his right one around my waist.

"Do you want to go-"

"Yes, I'd love to go on a date with you," I cut him off, tenderly holding his left hand.

He smiled, "Kenzie I've had feelings for you for a long, long time now."

My heart raced, oh how I've always wanted those words to come out of his mouth.

"And...I know that it's way too early to say this but...Kenzie I...I think I love you."

He loves me? My heart raced faster as happiness shot through my body. Everything is happening so fast.

"I know, I know it is way too early to say it. We've barely even started dating but, throughout all these years it's been what, 3 years now? Having feelings for you, I couldn't help it. I couldn't control it, Kenzie. It grows every single day, my feelings for you grow every single day." He explained, eyes locked with mine the whole time.