01| new beginning

2016
Kenzie's POV

Today is our last day in Minnesota. We are having our last period and in just 5 minutes, we have to go home and get ready for the flight to LA. I'm both excited and extremely nervous for this new life. I have to leave my home, my friends, and my family.

All of our furniture is already there and set up, all that is missing is us. I was pulled out of my thoughts when the bell rang through my ears.

While everyone was excitedly getting up from their seats, ready for summer, I groaned and slowly sat up. Don't get me wrong, I'm of course excited to move to LA and pursue my dream, it's just sad that I have to leave everyone.

It felt like it was just yesterday we filmed our first ever YouTube video together. It was a cover of One Thing by One Direction. We were just little kids wishing people would notice and watch our video.

Ms. Brown walked up to me and put her hands on my shoulder. She looked really sad. Ms. Brown was like a best friend to all of us girls, she was almost a part of the group. She pulled me in for a hug and I instantly hugged back, trying my best to enjoy this moment since we're going to be gone for a while.

"I'm so proud of you girls," Ms. Brown quietly said while pulling away, tears started to form in her eyes before I pulled her in for a hug again.

"We'll come to visit," I said, tears started forming in my eyes.

Gosh I hate goodbyes.

"See you later, Ms. Brown," I said, pulling away. She waved her hand while I walked out of the classroom.

I walked down the hallway towards the front entrance, the halls were filled with laugher and excitement as they couldn't wait to start summer. When I arrived by the front doors, I saw the girls and Jonah standing there.

They turned their heads to me and Jonah ran towards me to hug me tightly. He put his head on my shoulder and cried softly, dampening my shirt.

"We'll visit soon, Jonah, it's gonna be okay," I said, rubbing my hands over his back.

"I'm just so proud of you all," He said pulling away, a soft smile played on his lips.

He put his right arm out for the girls while the other arm was still around my shoulders. We soon got into a group hug. After a few seconds, we pulled away and started walking towards my mom's car.

It was hard, telling Jonah that we were going to move to LA. It was about two months ago when we first saw him on his knees, endless tears running down his face because of us. It was the worst sight to see for me, him in that state.

We all piled in the car and waved for the last time at Jonah. The whole car ride was filled with soft sobs coming out of our mouths.

This is finally happening. Our life is about to start. This is our new beginning.

When we arrived at my house, we all got out of the car and headed towards my room. The girls and I thought it would be nice to have our last sleepover together in Minnesota which is why all of our luggage and bags are all in my room.

We started to pack our last couple of things into our small backpack for the flight. That's when we heard the doorbell rang before we heard the front door open and footsteps getting closer to my door.