11| her smile

Alex's POV

"It's boring without Dani and Zach." Kenzie complained, putting her head on the table. Jonah, who was sitting beside her, randomly put his elbow on her head and continued to fiddle on his phone.

The boys told us that Zach wanted to spend time alone with Danielle and that was the reason why we left them at their house. I know that Dani doesn't mind that considering he's the closest with her out of all the boys and that she likes him.

I let out a sigh, bored out of my mind without the 2 loud kids. I glanced at a booth in the far corner of the diner, noticing Corbyn and Louise being all lovey dovey with each other. I then looked at Jonah and Kenzie who were sat across from me, Jonah's elbow was still on her head and she still looked bored as hell. I moved my gaze to Daniel and Josie who looked like they were having a deep conversation with each other. Then finally, I looked at Jack who was sitting beside me.

He was fiddling on his phone and it looked like he was texting someone. Me being curious, I slightly leaned in to look at who he was texting.

Wait why is he texting Jonah when he's literally sitting across from him?

Me being curious, once again, I started to read their conversation.

___

Jonah
Today 06:46 PM

Jonah
Go do something

Jack
Not now

Jonah
Why

Jack
what am I even supposed to do

Jonah
Just compliment her or something

Jack
It's fine, we have a lot of time

Jonah
If you keep delaying, it's not gonna end well

Jack
Okay geez

Jack
Why aren't you making a move??

Jack
I mean she's not doing anything rn

Jonah
You do the same thing

___

The phone quickly moved away from my vision. I looked up and saw panic written across Jack's face. "What did you read?" He asked too quickly that I could barely hear what he said.

"What are y'all talking about?" I asked as I glanced between Jonah and Jack. "N-nothing. It's nothing," Jack said, still visibly panicking. Jonah nodded at me, confirming Jack's answer.

I recalled their conversation. What did Jonah mean by "do something" and them talking about having time and not delaying. I decided to not think about this too much and shrugged it off. It's wrong of me to read their conversation anyway.

Jonah then tried to talk to Kenzie while all she did was groan in boredness. It was true though. Zach and Danielle have always been the ones who brighten up the mood. They were always loud and it gets annoying sometimes but the mood was always good when they're around.

Of course, that doesn't mean if they're not here the mood is bad or anything, hanging out together always made us all happy and I can't remember any time when it was awkward between us. Well, except for the first encounter we had. At first it was awkward, like every other first introduction and first conversation but the next day when we hung out at our house, it wasn't awkward at all.