08| "I hate harry potter"

June 8, 2018
Josie's POV

I slowly opened my eyes but immediately closed it from the blinding light. I could hear the movie still playing softly and I could feel an arm wrapped around my waist.

What the hell.

I tried to open my eyes again and what I saw shocked me.

Daniel's face was inches away from me and my head was on his shoulder. My mind went blank and it felt like time suddenly stopped. I unconsciously started to stare at him. That was when I realized that we were cuddling.

How did this happen?

Cuddling with a friend was always an awkward thing for me. I don't exactly know why I think that cuddling with someone you don't have a romantic feeling with is awkward. Hugging isn't awkward for me, but somehow cuddling is.

But this time, I didn't mind it.

I like this.

I felt this weird feeling in my stomach as I stared at his face. Ocean blue eyes under those eyelids, barely visible but visible enough freckles for me to see on his nose, soft brown hair, perfectly soft ass lips. Wait what? Why am I thinking this way.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when his eyes started to flutter open. I instantly closed my eyes, wanting to know how he reacts to our current position.

I couldn't feel him even move the slightest. His eyes were opened, and I know that. Why was he not moving away?

After a few seconds of silence, I could feel him pulling me closer, tightening his grip on my body and putting his head on mine. What the heck. But for some reason, I didn't mind. I felt safe and warm in his arms.

As much as I want to stay in his arms longer, I'm getting seriously hungry. As much as I can remember, we didn't eat a real dinner last night. We only ate chips and drank some sodas while watching stupid Harry Potter.

Don't get me wrong, I love Harry Potter, but after watching it way too many times in my life, I couldn't help but get sick of it.

I slowly opened my eyes and gazed at the blue-eyed boy who was cuddled up to me. I acted like I had just woken up.

"Daniel?" I softly said.

He instantly opened his eyes and pulled his head away from my head.

"Oh s-sorry," he said as he pulled away and removed his hand from my body. He sat up and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly as he looked into my eyes.

"What were you doing?" I asked, sitting up.

"Sorry, that wasn't supposed to happen," Daniel nervously said and quickly stood up from the couch.

He then made his way into the kitchen. I kind of felt bad for doing that to him, but it's honestly weird. We're best friends after all. Best friends don't cuddle like that.

Well, at least that's how I think. I know that he thinks cuddling with a friend was awkward too, so why'd he pull me closer instead of instantly moving away?

But it's not weird that I want to do it again...right?

I stood up and rubbed my eyes as I walked into the kitchen. I saw Daniel leaning against the counter on his phone.

I decided to make myself a bowl of cereal. I opened the pantry and saw the box of cereal on the very top of the shelf.

Are you kidding me? Liam, I hate you so much.

I tiptoed and tried to reach for the box. After a few tries, I felt someone behind me and a hand reached for the cereal. I turned around, expecting it to be Daniel since he was in the kitchen with me.