Prologue

Athanasia de Alger Obelia slips from the covers of her twin sized bed, awoken by all the lights and noise coming from outside the window. Walking up to her window, she could see the lights coming from the main palace.

The Garnet Palace...

Curiously wondering what was going on she made her way through the halls of the Ruby Palace, heading over to the bright lights.

As she suspected when she got there, the nobles in their finest garments danced and chatted with one another. She stared, awestruck at the ladies dresses, awaiting the day she would be old enough to grow out of the pastel frilly dresses she owns. She was far too mature for such dresses already at the age of 9 she has learned the more than kids her age, knowing how to speak different languages already. Beating it into her mind so she will never forget them.

She walked along the garden outside the ballroom where the soirée was being hosted. She wondered what they were celebrating. Was it the Emperor's birthday? Are they celebrating the succession of conquering new lands? She shook her head, she would have heard of these things. The Ruby Palace servants would have gossip amoungst themselves about these things.

She stopped until she came across a fountain area, looking into the basin. Staring at her reflection nobody had to tell her she was a gorgeous girl. She already knew with her radiant golden hair, her cerulean jeweled eyes as mysterious as the ocean and her glowing skin. Yes, she was truly gorgeous beyond words. Pride bubbles up within her, thanking her family genes for making her so beautiful.

*Snap*

Her self praising was interrupted when she heard the snap of a twig to the side of her. Her jeweled eyes met with another's, his fiercer and colder than a winter blizzard. A look of interest on his face. His blonde hair, lighter shade then hers sat messily on top of his head. The man looked down at her observing her every feature like he was a biologist trying to figure out what species did she belong to.

From the attire he was wearing and his eyes she could easily tell this man was the Emperor.

My Father.

 She didn't know why, but for some reason both adrenaline and excitement coursed through her entire body

She didn't know why, but for some reason both adrenaline and excitement coursed through her entire body. Her body can't decide wether it wants to grovel in fear on challenge this man.

This man, Claude de Alger Obelia was once her uncle's adversary to the throne and now he was hers. The only thing in her way of becoming Empress.

Her eyes were glued onto the man before her. Hallucinations of him groveling on the ground before her after she usurped the throne. Images of him taking his last breath after he endured excessive amounts of torture. She couldn't control the sinister smile that formed on her face, eyes glowing as she looked at the man hungrily. Wanting to devour him so she can consume all his power and use it for herself.

The moon high in the sky, the girl grabbed her nightdress and politely curtsied in front of him, losing interest from just him standing there quietly. "Blessings and Glory Upon the Sun of the Obelian Empire!" She spoke formerly, turning on her heels and headed back to the direction of the Ruby Palace leaving the man behind.

"Or as I like to say, Disaster and Suffering Upon the Cripple of the Obelian Empire,kekeke!"

On her way back she heard a rustle in the bushes. She didn't have to wait for whatever it was to reveal itself and when it did she was surprised. It was like a dog but not a dog. It was extremely cute whatever it was and she reached down to pet it. It licked her hand.

Maybe Lily won't mind if I bring a pet home!

"I don't know what you are or how you got here but from this day onward you belong to me! I think I'm a gonna call you Raven!"

Edited June 28,2021- Fixed some spelling errors and added an image.