Chapter 3

Hi! Sorry this one was a little late. I'm so glad a lot of you liked my story, I've started working on the 4th chapter so that should be out soon. I also had some questions if anyone would like to answer them:

1.) What was the Topaz Palace used for?
2.) How do you all think I should write the political drama into the story?
3.) Why is Jenntte's last name Margarita and not Judith like her mom?
4.) When do you all think it's best to add the male lead? (I was thinking after Athanasia gets rid of her first obstacles. For right now I just want to focus on Athanasia's development and how she's going to accumulate power and wealth.)

—————————————————-

//Not edited//

Athanasia, Hannah and Ces made their way over to the Sapphire palace with the help of Sir Felix guiding them. The Sapphire palace was for important guest, but Athanasia didn't think that brunette girl was even worth her attention. To make sure she knows any and everything that goes on within these palace walls. It is to also get the gist of what this girl is like so overthrowing her won't be so difficult.

Sir Felix then parted ways with them and he hurried off back to the Emperor. Maids of the Sapphire greeted their princess and escorted her to where their guest were staying, after she requested them to prepare tea for them. As the they walked down the hall, crashes and yells could be heard from within. Athanasia frowned, don't tell me our guest got to full of herself and decided to mistreat those who serve under her. When she got to the room she was taken aback, there was another brunette haired woman who was older. Her green eyes filled with disgust and anger as she yelled at a lady who was kneeling on the ground. Her trainee uniform showing she was just recently hired.

"How dare you make such a mistake!? I swear you maids come from noble families but are no better than the average commoner!" The lady was yelling. Athanasia watched the exchange from the doorframe. Was this woman that parasite's mother? So does the parasite have a personality like hers? If she did Athanasia would make sure to put her back into her place. She noticed Duke Roger and his son also in the room. Lord Ezekiel seemed to be bothered by the commotion but his father showed no concern to them, reading his book. Upon noticing her arrival servants all curtsied and bowed before her.

"Blessings and Glory Upon the Obelian Empire, Princess Athanasia!" They all chanted, the current yelling came to a halt and everyone's attention turned to her.

"What was going on just now?" Her face was very cold, extremely disgusted by the behavior of their guest. The people in question all looked down at the floor, not knowing what to do in front of her. Duke Roger was the first to speak, his face had a certain smugness to it. Probably happy that the princess came to visit his ward personally.

"No need to worry, Your highness!" He waved her away like she was a nothing more than a mosquito. "The countess was just teaching the maid a lesson of proper etiquette."

Athanasia frowned, she always hated the Duke. Always so full of himself, always scheming, and a power hungry jerk. "So, you think all because this servant only made one mistake she doesn't know manners?"

 "So, you think all because this servant only made one mistake she doesn't know manners?"