~6~

A/N 

Yes, I am doing this before the actual writing because I want to point something out. This part of the story took a lot of thought and had to adjust my setup for this, and it will most likely be the same in the future. I haven't put it under a specific POV until now, but I wanted to do it just for this section. I hope that makes sense, haha. Enjoy, and I am nervous to see everyone rant, especially in the discord. If you haven't already, you are free to join us! Just DM me for the link. -Kenzie

*Ms. Dean POV*

I was lying down on the couch, enjoying my winter break. School is so stressful when you have to have patience with little five and six-year-olds. That and the fact that my dad warned me about one of them. I was born when my dad was really young, and I somehow was smart enough to get into college early. So I am now an eighteen-year-old who is a kindergarten teacher.

I have never met my mother. My dad took me from her when I was a baby, and he kept me hidden, not telling anyone of my existence. I saw him at his worsts when I was little when he was a senior in high school. He had this girlfriend, I think her name was Vanessa or something, and she was always fighting with him. I never met her in real life, but when he found out that I would be a teacher this year, I showed him pictures of my students because I was so proud and wanted him to understand why I love my job so much. I remember the day I showed him like it was yesterday even though it was a few months ago.

"Dad! Hi!" He walked into the house with another 7/11 cup after I called him, hoping we would be able to spend some time together. He lives in Ohio, but he comes and visits a few times a year. 

"Hi, Jane. How are you doing?" As he says this, he throws his long, black, trenchcoat down on the chair before coming to sit on the opposite side of the couch I am on, kicking his legs up on the coffee table and leaning back.

"Good dad. I got class pictures today. Do you want to see them?" He sighed, clearly bored, and he grabbed the class picture from me, glancing over it. I start telling him about each kid,  describing each of them to him. He takes a sip of his Slurpee, and he perks up at the name of one of my sweetest kids, Ember.

"Why do you have that look on your face dad?" He sighs, before looking at me with a completely serious face.

"Does she be any chance have a mom named Janis?" I looked at him, nodding confusingly. He mutters something under his breath, and I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stick up.

"I know Janis. That piece of-"

"Dad! What do you have against her mother?! Ember is a sweet and smart kid! Her mothers' raised her well!"

"Janis is my ex-girlfriend's cousin, I met her once, and she is a piece of work. She was just interrogating me the whole time with a stink eye. I so wish I kil- I mean left her when I had the chance! She is the reason me and V broke up! She most likely told her that I was a total-" He seemed unconvinced at his own statement, but I nodded along, wondering what he was really going to say. He continued on his rant until he finally perked up, and then he left. 

I remember that he never came back after that. I assume that he went home to Ohio, but he never reached out. I have been looking at Ember in a different way more recently, wondering about her ever since my dad described her mother. 

I am just here, chilling on the couch, late at night, with popcorn, watching a movie. It was just randomly on TV, and I had nothing better to do. It's Christmas Eve, and I am alone again. I honestly am so used to it. I have never spent a Christmas like most kids do, with gifts under a tree or a stocking. To be fair, I moved a lot and we never had a tree or stockings.

All of a sudden, my door slams open, and there is my dad, with a child in his arms. Not any child, my student. Ember. 

"DAD! WHAT THE ACTUAL-" She was asleep, so I was whisper screaming. I took her out of his arms and put her down on the couch. I lead him outside. Before screaming at him.

"DAD! WHY DID YOU STEAL A CHILD! WHAT YOU HAVE AGAINST HER MOTHER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HER! HOW DID YOU EVEN STEAL HER!" He chuckled at this while rolling his eyes.

"My child, her two lesbian moms were in the other room, sleeping. I crawled in through the window, just like her mom's cousin did to me! I snatched her and went out the front door. Nobody even noticed! Plus she is the deepest sleeper I have ever met-"

"DAD! THAT GIVES YOU NO RIGHT TO KIDNAP HER! SHE IS COMPLETELY INNOCENT! HOW DID YOU EVEN FIND HER HOUSE?!" 

"It was easy. I just found this kid get on a bus after school, since I know where you work, and I followed the bus to her home."

"DAD! HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU DO THIS! EMBER IS THE SWEETEST KID I KNOW! SHE DOES NOT DESERVE THIS, JUST FOR YOU TO GET BACK AT MRS. SARKISIAN- HERON!"

"Well, her mom is a little slut, and this is my way of getting back at her. Don't worry, I left a note. Now, I am going to take her back to Ohio and make her my own child to get back at her mom."

"NO! DAD!" But before I even realized or processed what was going on, he found the pressure point in my neck and I collapsed to the ground, having the world cover in black. The last thing I heard before I collapsed was a scream from inside. Ember must have woken up, and I couldn't do anything. I lay in the darkness, weak, and forgotten, knowing that there is nothing I can do, until the black darkness goes away, bringing me to reality once again.