Prologue

"Janis, are you sure you really want this? I don't want to force you into something you're not ready for." Cady Heron rarely uses her wife's full first name. The fact that she is using it means she is serious. The two of them are sitting on the couch in their apartment with their puppy, Lion, on Janis's lap. It was Cady's birthday present this year. Cady is just annoyed that Lion likes Janis more. The puppy is a mix of what Janis claims is "Everything possibly imaginable is in that dog. That dog is even drunk 90% of the time".

Now is not one of those times. Lion is calm and giving puppy dog eyes to the happy couple. Janis gives Cady a sympathetic look and wraps her arm around Cady. She pets Lion to calm him down. He fully sprawls out in Janis's lap, completely enjoying being pet. Cady looks at the puppy and then back up at her wife.

"Caddie, I want this too. You need to chill out Bambi." Cady gives Janis a look as Janis rubs circles in Cady's back.

"Jay, that movie is so sad! Why do you keep calling me that?" Janis rolls her eyes slightly. Cady is so sensitive and cries after seeing any Disney movie. Janis is always there to comfort Cady.

"Caddie, as long as you're ready, we can go in tomorrow and get you tested. We already know that I am NOT strong enough for this." Cady laughs at this. They stay in their position for a few minutes until Cady looks up at Janis, teary-eyed.

"I can't believe it." Janis smiles at her teary-eyed wife. She rubs a tear off of her cheek.

"Me neither Caddie. Me neither."

~Time skip brought to you by @xtheatregirl and I currently talking about my broken arm and playbills~

Cady and Janis look at each other. The test worked, and Cady had the procedure that could end up changing both of their lives. Now they are waiting on the cold tile that is the bathroom floor a little over a month later. Janis had her arm around Cady, and they were staring at the test on the floor. It had only been a couple of minutes since Cady had taken it.

The timer goes off, and Janis motions for Cady to pick it up. Cady stares at it and smiles. She turns it around for Janis to see. She sees the news that changes their lives forever, two lines. Janis smiles and crashes her lips down on Cady's. They pull away and smile

"Caddie, you're pregnant." Janis and Cady are smiling so wide, and they are now teary-eyed.

"No Jay. We're pregnant. This baby might not have your blood and DNA, but it is as much of yours as it is mine." That caused Janis to smile even wider than before. Cady pulled Janis in a huge hug. They sit like this for a few minutes until Janis's phone rings. Janis groans and picks it up.

"Cady, it's Damian. Should we tell him?" Cady nods, and Janis answers it and puts it on speakerphone.

"Hey, my beautiful fellow gays! How is Evanston treating you guys?" Damian is currently in New York City working on Broadway. He is currently in a revival of Bare. (DON'T COME AT ME!! BARE IS INCREDIBLE!) Janis had the hardest time comprehending life when he left them. Cady was always there to talk to. They visit several times a year, and they call every day.

"Good Damian, how is New York?" Janis is a bit jumpy because she loves talking to her best friend. He has always been there for them. She is even more jumpy than usual because of the news she and Cady are about to tell him."

"I don't know Jan." Janis and Cady share a confused look.

"How don't you know Damian?"

"Well, why don't you come to your door and find out." Janis gives Cady wide eyes, and sprints to the front door. Cady slowly gets up, already being cautious of the baby inside of her.