~4~

The girls click the face time button, and Damian picks up on the second ring.

"Embs in bed?" Janis and Cady both nod.

"Something is up. What's wrong." Cady sighs, not wanting to put the pressure on Janis.

"Some girls, what sounds like miniature plastics, called Ember a dyke today." Damian sighs sadly, knowing how it feels.

"How are kids so cruel?" Janis sighs sadly, not even wanting to think about that question.

"She asked us what it meant and we told her a short summary of it. She is a tough girl, and she was so for the LGBTQ+ community. She seemed so disappointed to hear about it." Damian nodded along, knowing especially how hard it is for Janis.

"If you think about it, it's a good thing that she finds out about it now. She can learn to stand up for herself and others now." This was technically partially true, but Janis doesn't want to admit it. 

"But it hurts that she had to find out this way." Damian nods, sympathetically. He knows that all Janis wants to do is protect Ember, but she is growing up and can't be sheltered forever. That makes Janis the saddest, but she loves Ember and her growing personality. Damian lights up a bit, remembering something.

"I have some news! I'm leaving Bare in two weeks." Janis gasps, shocked.

"You've been on that show for like six years. What are you going to do now?"

"I auditioned for a show that is in Chicago! It may not be Broadway, but I get to be closer to you two and Ember." Janis and Cady smile, wider than they have in a long time.

"Oh my gosh, really? You get to come back to Illinois with us?!" Janis was so excited when he nodded, and she tried her hardest not to jump up and down and scream.

"It is a production of The Book of Mormon. I get to be back in Illinois in two weeks. I found an apartment not too far from you two when I was there a couple of weeks ago. I already have started packing." Janis smiles and bounces on the couch a little, knowing Ember is asleep.

"You're joking." Damian and Cady laugh at Janis's disbelief.

"It's real Jan, I'll be back in two weeks." The trio talks for fifteen more minutes until Damian has to go for places. They hang up, and Janis and Cady cuddle on the couch together in each others' embrace. They stay in that position for a while until Cady falls asleep on Janis's shoulder. Janis kisses Cady's forehead lovingly before helping her wife get to bed. 

~Time skip brought to you by me watching Heathers The Musical and crying- again, but this time in front of my friend that I convinced into liking Heathers on zoom- Something's never do change~

It has been a few weeks since Ember started Kindergarten, and she was dealing with the new 'kindergarten plastics'. From those few weeks, she has learned that the leader is Rachel, and her sidekicks are Anne and Katie. They had been teasing her, and Ember has been handling it well. Plus, she made a new friend. 

Her name is Rayne. The two girls play together at the playground and sit next to each other at lunch. Janis and Cady both love having Rayne over for little playdates with Ember. Rayne is so sweet and polite. She and Ember love to draw and color together which Janis likes to join in on. Cady always has to pull Janis back so the girls can have fun without her bugging them, and she lets her paint Cady which Janis loves.

It is finally the week Damian moves in with them, and it is picture day. Cady secretly bought a dress for Ember to wear a week ago, knowing that she would have to find a way to get Ember to wear it. She found one with black, white, and grey plaid, hoping it would be enough to convince her to wear it.

The Addition To Our Picture Perfect  Family (CADNIS)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें