~2~

Ember sits alone in the front of the bus, waiting until they get to the next stop. She would be able to see Kaitlyn and Ashlin then, and she was excited. She loves being with her best friends, and she is disappointed that they are in a different grade than her.

She is on her iPod because it is now allowed that kids can bring them to school. There is a long story behind this iPod, but here is a brief version.

"Cads, she should have a phone! What if there's an emergency and she needs to call us?"  They have been arguing for the past five minutes since Janis got the thought stuck in her head. 

"Jan, if she gets a phone, she will be on it all of the time! Next thing you know, she will be asking for Instagram and the adult version of YouTube! People swear and post inappropriate videos that aren't meant for five-year-olds! I don't want to break her heart and say no, she is only five!" Ember has been stuck with YouTube kids and Janis gets annoyed when she is forced to watch it with Ember. She has followed in Cady's footsteps and watches people solve math problems. FOR FUN.

"Cady, do you want her to be bullied for not having a phone? She is so smart that she knows my phone password!" Cady laughs at this one. 

"Babe, that's because your phone password is '2239' and you put it in where she can see! She already knows how to beat you in chess because she has inherited my smartness. Her memory is better than some of my college students!" Janis rolls her eyes at that. Her password is 'Cady' but in number form, and Cady still hasn't figured that out. The math professor doesn't know everything to do with numbers.

"I just want to know she will be safe Cady. I can't deal with myself if she ever gets hurt. I don't want her to be hurt like I was. I went through hell from others with only having the help of Damian, and later you came in too. Her best friends are a whole grade ahead of her, and she can't see them all of the time! I want her to know she can always talk to us when she needs it. Please, Cady. I need to know she will always be safe and that she can trust us."

That was all she needed to say for Cady to not argue back and agree with her wife.

Well, there are some things they had to compromise with. Cady bought the iPod because Ember "does not need a phone".  Cady made sure that every parental control setting possible was set on that phone. She downloaded brain games so Ember could improve her mind, and Janis somehow was allowed by Cady to let Ember download a few games and a drawing app. They downloaded an app where she could approve who Ember messaged or called that works through Facebook. It had messaging, video calling, and regular voice calling, plus random filters that she loved to play with. The only people on there are Cady, Janis, Damian, Kaitlyn, Ashlin, Tyler, and Ellise.

Soon enough, the bus pulls up at Kaitlyn and Ashlin's spot. Ember watches out the window as Ashlin runs into a tree, and Ember giggles at her. She always thought there was something funny about Ashlin, but she loves her for her clumsiness. Kaitlyn and Ashlin come on the bus and sit down next to Ember. They spend their time talking about the most random things. Little kids can be so weird sometimes. 

Ashlin was applying some pink lip gloss. Yes, you heard that right. She is like Karen in the sense she is not the brightest, but she is sassy and extremely girly. Kaitlyn is not necessarily like either of her mom's. She is a little diva. She always has music on and has a preference when it comes to what they play in the car. Let's just say she loves spreading awareness for female empowerment and has listened to Cardi B and Ariana Grande many times. Karen and Gretchen tried to limit her to things more in her age group, but she is seven going on seventeen, and nobody really tries to stop her.

The girls have a conversation about the most random things until before they know it, they are in front of their school. They get out of the bus, and Ember looks around at the new environment. She walks into the school head high with nerves that she tries to block out.