Chapter Twelve

You're standing by the window in your hotel room and taking in the stunning view when a knock sounds on the door. You walk across the room to open the door as a tall redhead greets you with a smile. 

"This hotel is crazy." You say as Brian steps into the room. He laughs at your reaction and you figure he might be used to staying at places like these. "Is this how you guys always travel?" 

"Pretty much." Brian laughs and shakes his head at you slightly to mock you. "Being friends with a superstar has its perks." 

"I bet." You nod in awe with the room you have been give. "I mean, look at this!" You say with in awe as you reach for Brian's arm. You drag him across the room and open the window beside the bedroom. 

The hotel is placed in Manhattan and you have the most insane view from your window. Brian looks out the window with a teasing smile and then looks back at you staring outside with wide eyes and your mouth gaping somewhat open.

"Yeah, it's pretty." 

"I cannot believe this is real life." 

Brian is about to make some lame joke when someone begins to knock on the door. Brian walks across the floor and opens the door as Tom appears. His smile turns into a smirk when he sees Brian is already in your room. 

"Of course, you're here." Tom jokes as he passes Brian on his way into the room. You roll your eyes at your uncle's lame comment but it doesn't seem to make Tom enjoy teasing any less. 

"What's up?" You ask him with a smile. 

"Just wanted to let you know I'm in room 590. It's just down the hall if you need me." 

"Okay, thanks." 

"I'm going to get some work done to prepare for the concert, do you want to come along?" 

"I really want to go explore." You tell him while sending him your best poppy eyes. 

"Fair enough." Tom laughs and look towards Brian. "You, take care of her." He jokes and Brian mumbles 'yes sir' while saluting him.

"You two are complete idiots." You sigh as Tom walks over to give you a small kiss on your forehead. 

"Be good." 

"I will." You promise as he heads towards the door. 

"Wasn't talking to you." Tom says as he disappears out of your room. 

Brian drops down on your bed, flipping through the sightseeing book laying on the bedside table. 

"Does he really think something is going on between us?" 

"Oh please, Brian." You say and sit down next to him. 

"If Tom really thought we were fucking, you would have been dead by now." You tease and watch how Brian's face turns pale. He scratches the back of his head and swallows the lump in his throat. 

"That's not funny." He mumbles when you cannot control your laughter. 

"It's a little funny." You fire back when you once again, hear knocks on the door. 

"It's probably Shawn." Brian says and you walk to open. "I texted him to come here." You force air into your lungs and opens the door for Shawn to enter. 

"Hey man." Brian says and waves at his friend. 

"Hey." You smile when your eyes locks with Shawn and he sends you a warm smile back. 

"Hey." He mumbles and you feel your heart flicker slightly. 

"Do you want to come see the city with us?" You ask Shawn, feeling the heat raising in your cheeks. 

"Sure, that sounds nice." Shawn replies and pushes his hands through his curls. 

"I'll just grab my wallet." Brian says and leaves your room. "I'll meet you downstairs in ten." He yells when he's already out of the door. 

"So how are you liking it?" Shawn asks and looks around your room. 

"It's wonderful." You blur as the heat begins to pump in your veins. "Thank you for bringing me."

 "No worries." Shawn tells you with a smile. "I thought you'd like it." 

"I'm not really used to it, though. It's all so fancy." You admit and chew into your bottom lip. 

"It's a bit too much sometimes." Shawn agrees with a laughter. 

It makes butterflies appear in your stomach when something you say or do makes him laugh. It's stupid, you know. But you feel overwhelmed with happiness when it does happen. 

"Are we still on for tonight?" Shawn asks you, putting both his hands into his pockets. "If you're not too tired and all." 

Shawn's eyes darts to the floor and he begins to rock sideways. You find it cute, how he seems nerves to confirm your plans. 

"Yes, of course!" You blur, a bit too eager. "I mean, I was promised Italian." Shawn laughs at your reaction while shaking his head slight with a huge smile planted on his lips. 

"Around eight?" Shawn asks, his tongue slipping between his lips. "It'll give us some time to cool down after we get back from sightseeing?" 

"Yes, that sounds great." You smile as Shawn walks towards your door. 

"Cool." He says and sends you a smile. "I'm going just going to get my phone and we can meet Brian in the lobby." 

"Shawn, wait-" You say as he's almost out the door. "What should I wear?" You ask him awkwardly, your eyes darting around the room. 

"You're asking me what to wear?" He asks confused, narrowing his brows. 

"I mean... Is the restaurant as fancy as this hotel? I'm not sure I have something fitting, then..." You mumble and you're certain your cheeks turn red. 

"Whatever you wear will be fine." He promises as a smile spreads on his face. "You'll look beautiful no matter what." 

After saying those sweet words, Shawn leaves your room and you fall down on your bed. Did Shawn really call you beautiful? 

It makes tons of butterflies' crack in your stomach and you can hardly calm yourself down. You're fully aware he doesn't mean anything by saying that, but you can't help but take it to heart. 

Shawn said you are beautiful and now you cannot stop yourself from smiling like a complete idiot. 

You ignore the slight nagging feeling in your stomach, knowing Shawn doesn't really mean for you to take it the way you are, but you're too excited to let that feeling take control. You take a few deep breath to calm yourself down and then, you head downstairs to meet with the boys.